Droid X or Incredible

dfink114

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I've been on these forums for a while now but just recently made an account.
I'm finally up for a new phone and have had my heart set on an android device for 2 years now. I used to be a keyboard only guy but have gotten over it and I'm looking for a slate design. Should I go for the Droid X or the Incredible? I don't think the X is too big and I do enjoy the design on the Incredible. Any deal breakers or anything that would try to sway me to one device or the other?

Thanks

blackngray70

Reaction score
They're both nice phones and they both have root and plenty of development. Best thing to do is go to your local VZW and play with both.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Bro KV

Reaction score
I thought that the screen was too big when I got the X but now any other phone I play with has too small of a screen. I tried to go on the internet on my daughters BB 8830 and about died.

hanzie

Reaction score
Love my DX. Couldnt imagine going back to something smaller

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
X. My tuts are for x only :D
You can't put a price on suppot

That said, I have no idea what the rooting scene is like for the incredible

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I had the same choice to make a few months back...and I chose the Droid X...easily I might add after messing with both in-store. The Inc is nice, but it doesn't compare to the X in alot of ways, not just in screen size. No way will I ever go back to a smaller screen.

str0ntium

Reaction score
Just got my X, back in October. Love it. The 3G/1G dance, I don't love so much.

If I were you, I'd wait until VZW releases the next HTC device. I'll be ebaying this X, if the new HTC has as large of a screen.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want a big screen, mechanical shutter camera, motoblur (just saying) get the X.

If you want a more compact phone, Sense UI with an unlocked bootloader for AOSP/more variety of roms such as MIUI/Desire Z get the Incredible.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I would also look at the Samsung Fasinate.. it is almost Equal to the Droid X and in my opinion may have a slight advantage in the Screen. I think it feels better in your hand. But I had a Droid1 and Now a DroidX.. and It is a Great Phone.. I was hoping for the dual processor phone to come out before my 30 Day trial was up.. but I think I will keep my x

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I had the Dinc for about 5 months and now have had the X for a few weeks. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you are planning on rooting or using something like Launcher Pro I think you will be happier with the X. The size is great but the stock UI really is sluggish in comparison to the Dinc (in my opinion)

I preferred the HTC Sense UI over Moto UI. I installed LPP within days and am very happy with the X.

It really comes down to personal taste but you can't go wrong with either. Altho with the rumors that the HTC is coming out with a 4. screen with a physical keyboard soon that might be worth getting info on before making your final choice.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
LPP = launcherpro Paid?

Sent from the best forum app out there.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Once you experiance the DXs screen for a little while, you'll never go back.