Droid X or Droid Incredible?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^The cpu cannot be denied....The cpu and the graphics chip it uses. The OMAP needs to change its name to something buzzword worthy so it can get ppl's attention...lol

But the size factor has to be looked at. Do u want a phone 4"+ or a regular size phone? Even if the X is a better phone, u have to look at the size. Me, even if I dont want a phone that size, I may make myself want it...lol

rrusho

Reaction score
Every time I see that photo I have to wonder what its' official source is, no title is on the document, there is no credit for whoever got the image, I don't know, I'm not about to panic. Besides I'm very happy with my DI.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if the DI does get discontinued, I don't think it should matter to current owners. The hardware is still considered cutting edge and as long as it eventually gets 2.2, I wouldn't care whether or not other people were able to buy it. A phone can still get updates even if it's not sold anymore, right?

BzB

Reaction score
... IMHO it's an Android phone unless it comes from Motorola.

that's a really ignorant opinion. other manufacturers are making excellent android phones. the nexus is a great phone, as is the evo, as is the incredible, as will likely be the samsung galaxy. dell is also coming out with a few android phones and so sony. although moto does a good job i'd HATE for them to have a monopoly on the android platform. it would make the platform stagnant and boxed in.

op, also consider the droid pro is coming down the pipe with unconfirmed specs, but should blow the x out of the water. the only concern i have about future motorola android phones is that moto is rumored to be putting in a bootloader which would block the ability to root.
icon13.gif

Mule65

Reaction score
... IMHO it's not an Android phone unless it comes from Motorola.

that's a really ignorant opinion. other manufacturers are making excellent android phones. the nexus is a great phone, as is the evo, as is the incredible, as will likely be the samsung galaxy. dell is also coming out with a few android phones and so sony. although moto does a good job i'd HATE for them to have a monopoly on the android platform. it would make the platform stagnant and boxed in.

op, also consider the droid pro is coming down the pipe with unconfirmed specs, but should blow the x out of the water. the only concern i have about future motorola android phones is that moto is rumored to be putting in a bootloader which would block the ability to root.
icon13.gif

I believe you misquoted the quote by adding the word "not". Hook is talking about "Droid" vs "Android".

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was all set to wait on the Pro, but it is just a rumor as of now. If you're in the market for an Android phone right now (or next month I guess), it would be silly to wait another six months hoping that a rumor comes to fruition. If you're in that state of mind, you might as well wait for the Droid Pro 2 because it's specs will blow the Droid Pro out of the water! It's a never ending cycle where you can never win.

BzB

Reaction score
... IMHO it's not an Android phone unless it comes from Motorola.

icon13.gif

I believe you misquoted the quote by adding the word "not". Hook is talking about "Droid" vs "Android".

i added the word "not" to his statement because that's how i read it, but i guess he'll clarify whether i misquoted or not. either way that wouldn't make much sense either. the "droid" catchphrase was licensed by verizon, not by any phone manufacturer.

...interesting how my previous post in this thread addressing that comment was mysteriously "removed". lol

BzB

Reaction score
I was all set to wait on the Pro, but it is just a rumor as of now. If you're in the market for an Android phone right now (or next month I guess), it would be silly to wait another six months hoping that a rumor comes to fruition. If you're in that state of mind, you might as well wait for the Droid Pro 2 because it's specs will blow the Droid Pro out of the water! It's a never ending cycle where you can never win.

...or wait for the incredible 2 since its specs will blow the droid x and droid pro out of the water.

:icon_rolleyes:

lol

armeddroid

Reaction score
I was all set to wait on the Pro, but it is just a rumor as of now. If you're in the market for an Android phone right now (or next month I guess), i

...or wait for the incredible 2 since its specs will blow the droid x and droid pro out of the water.

:icon_rolleyes:

lol

In that case,
I will wait for the iDroid.

from Tapatalk widget

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that the Incredible is an Android phone. I don't consider it a true Droid because it's not from Motorola.

I understand it's labeled a Droid because Verizon did so but IMHO it's an Android phone.

Is that clear?;)

Fault

Reaction score
Incredible imo. Moto blur is ugly imo. Vzw cant sell the devour because people hate it so much. Sense ui is amazing. I prefer the moto droid one, but if u must go incredible imo

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Incredible imo. Moto blur is ugly imo. Vzw cant sell the devour because people hate it so much. Sense ui is amazing. I prefer the moto droid one, but if u must go incredible imo

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The version of blur on the Droid x is a completely different version than what is on the devour. It is new and is supposedly much less invasive. I believe you also have the option of turning it off whenever you want.