Droid X or Droid 2???

galaxy80

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm going to get either one of those phones tomorrow but I'm not sure which one I should get. One thing I'm unsure about is if the Droid X has 2.2 or 2.1. Any suggestions? I currently have a Milestone XT720. I'm switching over to Verizon because they just took over my current provider, Centennial Wireless, so I can do an upgrade and get the $425 I spend on this phone back.. Thanks!

Garrette

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
Oh, ok. Thanks. On the Motorola site on the specs for the X, it says it has 2.1, so that's why I was asking. I kind of like the X a little more so far, but it seems that the 2 has a few more bells and whistles like yahoo and gmail support that the X doesn't..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm that's weird I thought the x came unboxed with 2.2

As for gmail support it should have that too

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

scf

Reaction score
X has Gmail, not sure of Yahoo, but there are apps for that. From what I understand the new ones come out of the box with 2.2.

I prefer the X over the 2 simply due to the keyboard. Never made use, and quite honestly couldn't stand it, of the slide out keyboard on my D1. MUCH prefer the virtual kb of the X.

aDroidman

Reaction score
Out of the box as of about a month ago the X had 2.1. The Droid 2 has 2.2. And anything that the droid 2 has you can get something like it on the droid x

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I think the X may deter me due to it possibly having 2.1. I noticed though that the phones have 8gig internal memories? Is this true? The milestone I have only has a couple hundred megs, so I can't put too many apps on this phone. It would be really nice to have more memory to put apps on and to run the phone on. In fact the main reason I want 2.2 is because I heard you can run apps directly from the SD card instead of the internal memory of the phone. I have like 13 megs left on this current phone.. Sucks..

b101189

Reaction score
The droid x if you get it via verizon,

The droid x if you get it via verizon, will come with 2.2
the site says 2.1 but it comes with 2.2, I got a droid x after 2.2 came out and it came with 2.2 pre installed
I ordered it through Verizon wireless website

ToddP0530

Reaction score
DroidX has 2.2 soon to be 2.2.1 I think. Also have yahoo mail support as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
Awesome! It looks like I'll be getting the X then, since it has 2.2.. I can't believe I spent so much money on this Milestone, but I'm glad to be getting it back. I've been going through Android hell with phones lately. I went through 3 HTC Wildfires, then I finally demanded another phone, so I had to pay an extra $150 for the Milestone, and recently found out it has a slower processor and hardly any internal memory. I can't wait to finally get a good phone lol

brando56894

Reaction score
It all depends on if you want a bigger screen or a physical keyboard. Which do you want more? Theyre essentially the same phone.

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
That's also a tough decision. I think I'd rather the bigger screen and the 8 megapixel camera than the slide out keyboard. More physical moving parts to me just seems like more to break on the phone..

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Just to let you know, the 8 megapixel camera on the X is nothing special. You probably wont notice a difference between the pictures on the D2 and DX. Aside from that, as already stated, it's either a physical keyboard or bigger screen.

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
My son just got the x. I luv the larger screen! I don't want to give up the keyboard tho from my Droid 1.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its kind of hard to go back to the keyboard on the droid when you're used to typing on the virtual keyboard of the X. I still have my droid and use it on my wifi at home when my X is charging.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk