1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid x only syncs Yahoo mail and NOT my Gmail

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cjb5327, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cjb5327

cjb5327 New Member

So i recently posted a thread about my battery dying slightly quick. ANyway I was given some instruction on how to turn off data and all types of other ways to save battery life. I then downloaded screebl to help as someone suggested. I noticed after downloading and making changes to settings that it was only my gmail accounts that were not coming up on my status bar. I uninstalled screebl and put all my setting back to the way they were. Before all this occurred i would get the green LED light and the gmail icon on my notifications bar(Like everyone else). When i go into gmail there are new emails awaiting to be open but they never showed up on my status bar. It is also not syncing after to an email test

Any suggestions on what may cause this.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I know that sometimes this happens to me. Try going into Settings > Accounts and sync > click on your Google account and when in there make sure the check box next to gmail is selected.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

If that box is checked and you still don't get your Gmails, go to Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data. It will take your Gmail app a few minutes to get back to normal, but it should then work.
  4. cjb5327

cjb5327 New Member

What will this do? well actually I already did it so....do i have to re-sync my gmail stuff or it will automatically update itself
  5. BayouFlyFisher

It will re-sync itself. It takes a minute or two. This has fixed a host of issues I've had with the Gmail app over the years.
  6. cjb5327

cjb5327 New Member

you were the one who replied about my battery dying. anyway if i clear mybattery manager data within the applications, will that reset how my batttery opperates with the applications i have on it now?
  7. BayouFlyFisher

Never tried that one. I've used the Clear Data option on Gmail, Market and couple of regular apps that had stopped working. I'd be afraid to try it on a system app like a battery manager. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.
  8. cjb5327

cjb5327 New Member

nothing seems to be working, You think a removal of the account and then re-add could fix issue?
  9. BayouFlyFisher

Have you tried a good ole reboot?

Also will the Gmail app download when you hit the Refresh button in the app menu?