Droid X only shows notification bar?

notbrant

Reaction score
Phone was rooted a long time ago, everything has always worked just fine.

THe phone's speaker died while I was out of town on business so I upgraded to the RAZR. Now I was clearing out all the DATA, doing a factory reset, so I could give it to my friend who never needs sound because he keeps it on vibrate 100% of the time.

After I did a reset, the screen worked just fine and I was able to connect to wifi and sign in with my google account.

When the phone fully boots up, I only have the notification bar up top, i can extend it down and use any app that has a notification. For example if I have an email, i can click on that notification and it will take me into the GMAIL app.

I can also hold down the power button and put it into sleep more or power off, etc.

However the rest of the screen is black, no apps, no widgets, and pressing the MENU button does nothing, i cannot get into the settings.

Phone was reset and wiped using the POWER+HOME and wiped cache and data.

I can sitll plug in the phone to my PC and access the file menu if that helps.

Please let me know what I can do.

OP
N

notbrant

Reaction score
I am still having this problem and for some reason i believe it to be a laucher problem but not sure what I can do?

Savagerun

Reaction score
I am still having this problem and for some reason i believe it to be a laucher problem but not sure what I can do?

Have you tried to sbf your phone? That will take it back to completely out of the box stock and fix any issue you have unless your issue is hardware related. It's pretty simple to do just check out this link where it says 602 iso file "YAY" there's also a video in that link to show you how. Then after you do the sbf you can take the OTA to get you on. 605 then if you want to root the phone again just use the d3 one click root also found in this link
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...g/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
Great. Glad to hear that and your welcome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums