Droid X on 2.2 going to 1x often

steeveegee

Reaction score
same problem here
i can see the tower from my house also and i ALWAYS had a 3g connection here with 2.1

every day since the update my droid x is becoming crappier and crappier

they took a perfectly good phone and reduced it to a p.o.s.
they should have just took their time with 2.2 and let everyone whine about them not releasing it
i would have rather waited for a decent update with less bugs
now we can all whine about when the patch is gonna come out WHOOPIE!!!!!!
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

tomnationwide

Reaction score
I've had no improvement nor worsening of the 3g in my area. I use wireless at home because I live outside chicago and there's a low reception in my neighborhood. When I use 3g I notice no difference though.

justdan23

Reaction score
I've had the opposite experience where my Droid X was upgraded to Android 2.2 v2.3 and after three passes at calling *228, my Droid X stays at 3G and loads flash videos without a problem.

I came from a droid 1 which never dropped 3g to an X that constantly does....my fiance is sitting right next to me with my old phone,with perfect 3G,im dropping to 1x.......same with the satelite ,old phone is great-droid x forget it....only gets gps in ideal conditions......

The_Iceman

Reaction score
I was having some drops to 1x as well. Did the *228 and seems much better now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tnhockey

Reaction score
I've had no improvement nor worsening of the 3g in my area. I use wireless at home because I live outside chicago and there's a low reception in my neighborhood. When I use 3g I notice no difference though.

yea i dont get it. i live outside chicago too and my reception sucks in my area, especially in my house. you'd think living around a major city the reception would be good. the only verizon phone that i never had any problems with in my house was the voyager. i got the x based on the fact that it gets great reception and good battery life. so far the battery life is amazing, but the reception is a joke.