Droid X not working after Android 2.3 update

andigiulian

Reaction score
I downloaded the new update (2.3) last night, and my phone is not working. Even after multiple battery pulls, I still get black screens. Sometimes it won't even unlock. I would rather avoid a factory reset. Any suggestions?

wyld

Reaction score
Were you rooted before the update?

Sent from my rooted gb DROID X 1.15 Ghz

J

JriderG

If you did not root, I would make Verizon fix it. Just my opinion. But you may need to sbf or wipe cache. Stock recovery is now different on gingerbread, and that's where you wipe. I believe you hold home and power buttons until boot logo, then release home. Then hit both volume keys once. I may be wrong on the process, it used to be different.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wrhoades

Reaction score
My droid x is prompting to update to .596. Im rooted,if I allow this what problems could I run into? froyo 2.2

wyld

Reaction score
My droid x is prompting to update to .596. Im rooted,if I allow this what problems could I run into? froyo 2.2

You loose root

J

JriderG

No problems. If you removed bloatware such as amazon and blockbuster crap, the install will not work. Also I believe you will lose root.

wyld

Reaction score
If you did not root, I would make Verizon fix it. Just my opinion. But you may need to sbf or wipe cache. Stock recovery is now different on gingerbread, and that's where you wipe. I believe you hold home and power buttons until boot logo, then release home. Then hit both volume keys once. I may be wrong on the process, it used to be different.

The new buttons sequence for gingerbread is posted in a Droid x liberty v.08 bug report thread. I can't remember what they are!

Last edited:

wrhoades

Reaction score
so it will give me a failed install? the msg they r sending is telling me the update will take 5 minutes n wont be able to even make 911 calls. are they trying to flash a rom?

wyld

Reaction score
It will most likely fail depending on the changes you made to your system. And yes its kinda like flashing a rom

wrhoades

Reaction score
I just did sbf, running 2.3340. is this the gingerbread update? if so root hints? plz, yes I am rooted now.