Droid X not syncing with computer at all

Sko0baQueZ

Reaction score
I have a problem. My droid x will no sync with my computer, either to charge or to transfer pics. It only connects to my wall charger.. Any suggestions?

fishstick600

Reaction score
if you read the manual it doesnt say anything about being able to charge from your computer only connect.. my computer didnt recognize the device when i connected it either.. there may be some software needed

whec716

Reaction score
to get my computer to see the phone, i need to power it off then back on - then it picks it up

xious

Reaction score
When you plug it in to the computer, pull down the notification bar and choose USB connection. A few choices will popup. I'm not sure what PC Mode does, but the Windows Sync works really well with Windows 7 (not sure what it does with earlier versions), or you can choose Mass Storage or Charge only. The Mass Storage will just make your sdcard show up in Windows Explorer as a removable drive (same on a Mac) and Charge only will do just that, charge only.

X

BigHG

Reaction score
My windows 7 worked fine once I dl'ed the usb drivers from Motorola. Now it has quit again. I think it is the phone not communicating now though. As my laptop with xp doesn't see it either.

Is there a setting I could have changed that would have turned the usb off?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you try mounting it through the notification bar?

whec716

Reaction score
My windows 7 worked fine once I dl'ed the usb drivers from Motorola. Now it has quit again. I think it is the phone not communicating now though. As my laptop with xp doesn't see it either.

Is there a setting I could have changed that would have turned the usb off?

power the phone off and then back on - then try.

OP
S

Sko0baQueZ

Reaction score
Sorry i took so long to reply back,but my culprit was that i had.advanced task cleaner cleaning my phone when i booted. What i did was unchecked clean at startup, rebooted my phone and look at.the task list, i found a service called usb that i added to the ignore list. Now the problem doesn't occur anymore. Hope this helped

dbigdawg

Reaction score
Great catch!

Sorry i took so long to reply back,but my culprit was that i had.advanced task cleaner cleaning my phone when i booted. What i did was unchecked clean at startup, rebooted my phone and look at.the task list, i found a service called usb that i added to the ignore list. Now the problem doesn't occur anymore. Hope this helped

This was my only frustration with my X and you have solved the problem. I was smart enough to know that someone would figure it out, I just wasn't smart enough to be that guy.

Thanks!

OP
S

Sko0baQueZ

Reaction score

This was my only frustration with my X and you have solved the problem. I was smart enough to know that someone would figure it out, I just wasn't smart enough to be that guy.

Thanks!

Ur welcome, im glad it helped you solve your problem also.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I was unable to sync with my PC XP, through the USB cable. Finally, I went to the Motorola website on the PC, did a search and downloaded the latest USB drivers into my computer. I then downloaded an optional .net file from Microsoft PC UPdates, (perhaps not a necessary step) and rebooted the computer. Except for an annoying Vcast ad wanting me to sync through Vcast, which I declined, I was able to move files as before between the phone and PC using Explorer.