Droid X not sending Texts

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Fraustrated, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Fraustrated

Fraustrated New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HELP! is anyone having issues with sending texts from their Droid? It seems that I could send an intial text to a contact. That text would go through fine, but if I tried to send another text it would come back as failed.

I have restore the phone to the factory settings. I sent someone test text messages and it seems to work. **see next post, this ended up not working** But if anyone has any information on this, why it is happening???... it would be appreciated.

I just want to make sure it doedn't happen again, very fraustrating. Especially since I switched to the droid 3 days ago from the Storm 1 and was excited to get a phone that wasn't a POS... perhaps I was wrong?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. Fraustrated

Fraustrated New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well disregard my message about the texting working after restoring the factory settings.

I have run back into this problem.

i know it is not my coverage because I have full bars and 3G coverage and it is still not working.

I have had the phone since 9/9, worked fine until today 9/12 but i didn't send many texts during that time, the ones I did send went through fine. No I can barely get any through.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. Fraustrated

Fraustrated New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I figured out this issue, I had uploaded all my contacts from my blackberry storm 1 to my gmail account. But I had them formatted as
    +1 (555) 555-5555 on google, I think this was the issue.

Solution:

First I exported all of my gmail contacts to a .cvs file
    Erased all contacts from gmail
    used excel and the =mid function to change the number to 5555555555
    Re uploaded the file to gmail.

Now I also did a factory reset again after deleting my contacts in gmail so that I would have a clean start. This was to make sure I did not have any linked phone contacts left. You could do this manually but my droid was so new that it did make a difference to me.

Seems to be working now...

Search tags for this page

droid x will not send text