Droid x not finding "my location"

mventura57

Reaction score
My girlfriend just got a droid x and isn't able to use the gps navigation. The phone will not load "my location". We have tried all of the setting changes, but nothing works. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cctimmom

Reaction score
I actually just spent an hour at Verizon with the similar issue and ran into a gentleman who also had the same issue... yet no one had heard of it.

My issue is that I keep getting "Searching for GPS". It can find the general proximity of where I am, but not the exact location in order to provide accurate directions or so that I can use any of the map functions (google, etc).

The other gentleman was the same as you -- it couldn't find My Location.

We were both told after they investigated both in the store and over the phone with support (and after they tried the battery trick) that we would have to do a hard reset of the phone (I didn't do it then, because although it was save my contacts, it would lose all of my apps, and with many being installed, I wanted to come home and write down all of them). They said if that didn't work, they'd have to give us a new phone.

Still a bit peeved at having wasted an hour and this is still quite a ways from being solutioned (because even after resetting the entire phone, I have to go through the long process of reinstalling my work e-mail... ugh! :icon_evil:)

drivinfocused

Reaction score
its been happening for about a month now..... talked with a lot of ppl that have it... sometimes the trick i got to work recently would be turn on GPS settings then go into the "maps" and hit the circle at the top right to get my location... it took some time but then it would work just fine when i needed to go to the navigation to get the location. but sometimes that doesn't work either. it upsets me cuz i have to have it for work.

mkenney

Reaction score
Just got my new X in the mail

I had the same problem with the GPS on my X. Also had a problem with the WIFI starting last Wednesday. After some discussion with Verizon and moto on Wednesday, I received a replacement X in the mail on Friday (pretty quick!). No definitive explanation given but the best explanation came form the tech who reinitialized my phone who said occasionally ('one in forty' I quote) an update will be dropped mid-update and create an unrecoverable corruption. Most problems can be corrected by reverting to factory settings but not always. I know there is away to limit updates to wifi enable instances only. I intend to use that from now one to ensure that a dropped 3G signal doesn't cause that again. If that was the problem.