Droid X not connecting to any wifi or allowing any data.

the_disturbed1

Reaction score
Ok this just happened within the last few hours or so. Anyway, my X will not allow me to connect to any wifi networks whether they're open or not. Also, it refuses to allow me to go to any website. Most of my apps still seem to get enough data to load stuff like twitter and weather and such, but anything else doesnt work. Is there anything I can do other than hoping a factory reset does the trick?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
may be a silly question, but have you tried restarting the phone?

are you still able to make and receive phone calls/text?

try dialing *228 and option 2

OP
T

the_disturbed1

Reaction score
may be a silly question, but have you tried restarting the phone?

are you still able to make and receive phone calls/text?

try dialing *228 and option 2

Restarted it multiple times, can still get calls and texts and all that, not so sure about mms but sms are just fine. Updating roaming did nothing for it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may be having a tower outage in your area. Only way to find that out is to drive to another area and see if it's working.

If it is then call Verizon. They will do a ticket and send a service tech out to check out your problem. It will take about 4 days to fix it.

OP
T

the_disturbed1

Reaction score
You may be having a tower outage in your area. Only way to find that out is to drive to another area and see if it's working.

If it is then call Verizon. They will do a ticket and send a service tech out to check out your problem. It will take about 4 days to fix it.

That wouldn't bother me much, what really worries me is that the phone is refusing to hook up to a wifi network it was on four hours ago. And for what it's worth, the phone shows that it has a 3g connection, just won't allow me to really use it.

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Go into browser > Settings > More and clear the cache, history, cookies, location data. I've seen that fix similar problems. Make sure you've tried a battery pull, not just powering off/on. Don't use any antivirus apps or scanning apps, uninstall any apps that are new. As a last resort, do a factory data reset via Settings > Privacy.