Droid x (no video with HDMI)

cvc42

Reaction score
Hello

I tried plugging my Droid x to my New Vizio TV via HDMI the TV says No Video Signal. My laptop works just fine though.

Thanks for any help

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what are you trying to output to your TV? it seems as though only user created media can be played thru HDMI

also, :welcome:

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
i've tried movies, pics ect. but there is no video flowing to the TV

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
Got it to work there was a smal HDMI box in the upper left hand corner of the sceen on the droid,ed touch it and it took me to the player on the droid and viola, video, I missed it before, wish a you could get the droid display on the TV screen like a laptop.

Thanks-

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup glad you got it. there was an app that was made by one of the devs over at DxF but he pulled it because theres still bugs on 2.2

pego99

Reaction score
Got it to work there was a smal HDMI box in the upper left hand corner of the sceen on the droid,ed touch it and it took me to the player on the droid and viola, video, I missed it before, wish a you could get the droid display on the TV screen like a laptop.

Thanks-

Where is this little box. I can't find it.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
When you view a photo in your gallery, you should see a square with an arrow in it with HDMI written below it, at the top left of the screen.

Just for anyone looking to display their stuff on a tv other than just pics, you can get REAL HDMI app, it had a bug in 2.2 as mentioned above, but was fixed in 2.2.1.

Also, if you are running a ROM that removes BLUR, you will be unable to use HDMI.

flip69

Reaction score
Thanks I missed that little box. I will try it over the weekend. Happy New Year.

fishy.

Reaction score
hmm, i hit the button that says hdmi, and it says its not connected, when clearly it is, and tv is on the hdmi input.. tried many different roms and stock, still nothing, im stumped.