Droid x needs to be upgraded

sumdumbblonde

Reaction score
Ok so my EX-BOYFRIEND i guess he downloaded a "leaked" froyo...I really haven't liked my phone ever since...I contacted him and he told me I either need to find out how to "get back" to my previous software or "upgrade" to the new verizon one.....how would i go about doing this?? I'm decent w/computers I have just never messed w/phones or hacking..

cpjr

Reaction score
You will probably need to do a SBF recovery or install a custom ROM. Look through the Droid X forum about installing ROMs, you phone must already be rooted so it shouldnt be a big deal for you to do.

I would recommend Rubix 1.0, best Ive used so far.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moving to droid x forum

bigd73

Reaction score
Go to rootzwiki.com there is a step by step tutorial on how to take your phone back to the official 2.1 software. After you do that, you can do the over the air updates to get your phone back to the latest and greatest 2.3.15

msburr87

Reaction score
Or you can sbf 2.2 which is the OTA

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigd73

Reaction score
Or you can sbf 2.2 which is the OTA

If she's using the leaked version, then she is more than likely running the 2.1 bootloader and needs to SBF back to 2.1 to get the OTA and update the bootloader itself. I think the OP wants to just get her phone back to stock and be able to automatically receive updates in the future. There is one sure fire way to find out what version she's running though.

sumdumbblonde:
Go to settings and select about phone. Under Baseband version, tell us what it says.

OP
S

sumdumbblonde

Reaction score
Baseband:
BP_C_01.09.06P

SORRY I was real busy yesterday I should be able to get back to u guys sooner today..thanx a bunch!!!

bigd73

Reaction score
That's ok. It appears you are still running the old 2.1 bootloader by looking at your baseband number. You are going to have to SBF your phone to get it back to where the official update can upgrade your phone. Do not SBF to 2.2 as this will not update your bootloader and keep you from getting official updates in the future.

Go here Droid X and scroll down to the section that says "Return your DroidX to stock unrooted 2.1". There are directions for both linux and windows.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Baseband:
BP_C_01.09.06P

Do not sbf with the 2.2 version. Revert back, then upgrade to the 2.2 OTA.

SORRY I was real busy yesterday I should be able to get back to u guys sooner today..thanx a bunch!!!