Droid X need Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver - PdaNet Bluetooth DUN

brian777

Reaction score
Droid X need Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver - PdaNet Bluetooth DUN

Hello,

I am trying to use the Droid X as a bluetooth modem with an HP laptop running windows vista professional 64bit. Whenever I try to sync using PdaNet it tries to install drivers and it cannot find a Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver. I have been searching and trying things for hours! I am able to get it to work with a USB cable with PdaNet and Easytether but not through bluetooth.

what do I do?

Thanks!!

tomgiboney

Reaction score
The problem most likely lies in the 'bluetooth stack driver' you have installed on your HP laptop. Try going to HP support downloads, find your exact laptop model, and download the latest bluetooth driver. Install it, make sure you reboot, then attempt to pair to the DX again. It should allow you to check the features you want to use, one being bluetooth modem of course, and it should install the Bluetooth DUN software. If that doesn't work, you can always try finding a custom/non-specific bluetooth stack to download that will work with your bluetooth hardware.

Please keep us posted!

Elkay

Reaction score
This driver appears to be missing for me, too. Can't seem to find a driver for it. It found drivers for just about everything else.. AV Remote/ AV Source/ Headset AG/ OPP/ Remote Control/ Standard Modem over BT Link..

I'm running Win7 x64 on an Alienware M17x-R2.

Kandiru

Reaction score
This is what worked on my 64bit system:

1. Install Windows Mobile Device Center:

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 | Windows Vista Support

2. The first step may solve your problem automatically, but it did not for me. So here we go: Right Click on Computer Icon and Choose Manage.

3. Go to Device Manager. You'll see an Unknown Device named Bluetooth Peripheral Device. Double Click it to open its properties.

4. Click "Reinstall Driver" on the first tab.

5. Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

6. Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

7. Now the next page will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose Microsoft Corporation, not only Microsoft. Please confirm this twice that you dont choose Micorosoft but Micorosoft Corporation.

8. Now in the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. I cant tell you which will work for you, but start with the newest version.

9. Click next. Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is properly installed.

Voila!

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
wow

i just want to say thank you after multiple hours online omg this driver needs to be released to the world , not sure how stupid the creators or whom ever are but im sure alot of us are having this problem with this stupid ..Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not being installed or found like WTF are you serious . Thank you . yes this worked guys

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Wow still another encounter

so i got the the whole driver issue solved , however now when i try to transfer files to or from the transfer cancels its self / im I missing something ?? dancedroid

bullmoon

Reaction score
I have tried this solution - I don't think it does anything but get rid of the error messages - functionly, beyond that, nothing is different for me. Bluetooth operation of the phone is the same with or without those driver error messages.

Bluetooth features that work are Browse Folders, Send File, Play Music, Sync PIM - all these work fine with or without the Win Mobile Device Hack on my Dell XPS15. I have installed Blue Tooth File Transfer onto the Droid - don't know if that helps or not, but it does seem useful.

My RAZR is not a Windows Mobile Device so from that standpoint, this solution seems spurious. Unfortunately a real solution seems elusive. :-(