Droid X Navigation Freezes

Danja

Reaction score
I'm just relocated to Thousand Oaks, CA and was expecting to rely on the stock navigation app to get me around for the first week. Unfortunately, the thing freezes constantly. I don't know if it's the location or something else, but the phone completely stops responding until I pull the battery. I've also been having problems with my camera & gallery; my SD card has 2 GB free and the phone frequently thinks it has no memory left. The thumbnail previews in the gallery refuse to load, though I can still select a picture/video and view it. The app is on the internal memory rather than SD, so I don't know if that could be affecting it.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

jerrymc

Reaction score
Google Navigation,Gallery, Freezing

I'm just relocated to Thousand Oaks, CA and was expecting to rely on the stock navigation app to get me around for the first week. Unfortunately, the thing freezes constantly. I don't know if it's the location or something else, but the phone completely stops responding until I pull the battery. I've also been having problems with my camera & gallery; my SD card has 2 GB free and the phone frequently thinks it has no memory left. The thumbnail previews in the gallery refuse to load, though I can still select a picture/video and view it. The app is on the internal memory rather than SD, so I don't know if that could be affecting it.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

I've had this problem ever since the last Auto Firmware update and cannot get it resolved! If I could uninstall Google's Navigation, I definitely would!:icon_evil:

Is there a better Navigation app out there???

The Gallery just opens and immediately closes, but I CAN access it ONLY if I turn the camera ON....

jojopotato

Reaction score
Same exact thing

I am having the exact same problem, right down to the navigator and camera issues. I hope that this thread gets some play so that we can get it resolved!

sandyk626

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the camera and navigation also. When I try to use the camera it flickers the whole time, and when I put in an address for the navigation system the phone goes back to the home screen. Both just started today.