Droid X Navigation Driving Longest Possible Distance

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by sandiegorealestate, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sandiegorealestate

sandiegorealestate New Member

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the navigation? It sends me in the worst possible direction.

It seems like every route is longer or not using what I wold normally get with Google maps. Not sure how to explain it but I checked the settings and can't find anything.

Last week I was on the freeway and it wanted me to go west 4 miles on another freeway to then go south and back to a freeway I was already on. It's hard to vision but basically it was the worst possible option. Then I thought maybe it factors in traffic but there was no traffic.

Any tips?
  2. miller922

miller922 New Member

I don't have any tips, but I'm experiencing the same thing. Whenever I use it when I leave my apartment, it tells me to take this unpaved back road that adds at least 8 minutes to every estimate. It's not like it doesn't know the better path exists, because as soon as I go right instead of the left on the sand road, it recalculates and drops the estimate accordingly. On top of that, it's always recommending that I take toll roads that I really don't need to take for any reason.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. sandiegorealestate

sandiegorealestate New Member

Yes that is exactly what happens to me. If I know the route and know there is a better way I will ignore it and it will eventually find the better way but it won't give me the best option from the beginning.

I hope someone on this forum can post some sort of help!

Search tags for this page

longest possible driving route

longest route navigation