Droid X multi-touch keyboard not working properly

cnguyenlu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having problems with my typing with the multi-touch keyboard. The touch screen works perfectly fine, but it's when I go to type anything (on Facebook, Google search, or text messages).

What's happening, is when I start typing anything out and press the Spacebar, the keyboard disappears and I have to touch the area to get the keyboard up again. And at that point, everytime I use the Spacebar, it does this all over again.

I've switched to Swype, which works great still. But I was wondering if anyone knew why this was going on.

I've reset my phone a couple times and I've recently upgraded my X to Gingerbread.

Thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to settings> applications>manage applications>multi touch keyboard and clear data for that.

CM74DX

OP
C

cnguyenlu

Reaction score
fantastic!! thank you so much!

uhm....what did i do? lol :) thank you again

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem, glad its fixed.

You just deleted the keyboard data cache. Basically giving it a fresh start.

CM74DX

jayceesdj

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this fix. It has been driving me crazy not being able to type. SWYPE is ok but I prefer the multi-touch Keyboard.

kevinkar

Reaction score
This "fix" never fixed anything on mine.

I get this same behavior in the Browser, Facebook, etc. I especially hate it when I Google something and the keyboard disappears after the first word which apparently makes Google and the browser think that's the only search term I entered. This happens using the stock keyboard and Swype but not always in every app.

This happened in Gingerbread and still happens now that I reverted back to Froyo. It's annoying.

Bullet1

Reaction score
My keyboard locks up and freezes whenever I touch a punctuation mark. I have to power off to get the key board to function again.

kimcarter256

Reaction score
Heaven's gates to texting problems were just opened to me! Thank you thank you for the tip about clearing the keyboard data...my phone is working perfectly now:icon_ banana: very happy!!

jasonD

Reaction score
Just encountered the same problem. Used your fix and im back up. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mmr

Reaction score
Go to settings> applications>manage applications>multi touch keyboard and clear data for that.
CM74DX

What data do I lose/delete by clearing data in keyboard?? When I click 'clear data' as you instructed, it says: "! All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, and so on." Sounds pretty scary!