Droid X Mobile Hotspot Free?

F

Frik own a Stik

Hey, and before the mods maul this thread...I am NOT asking for free hotspot services.

I wanted to ask about the app itself. Sort of. I just got my X today and went to hotspot. I tried to turn it on and it worked..the ipod touch connected and the internet worked. I am not signed up for it. I was wondering if somehow I got it free or if it does that for everyone and it just secretly charges your account. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

Frik own a Stik

Anyone?

Goatastic

Reaction score
My guess is you will see a charge for it on your account. I wouldn't recommend running any app that you normally have to pay for without talking to a VZW rep to confirm that you wont have to pay for it. Make sure you get the reps name so you can have them pull the call if need be.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

roooler

Reaction score
i was told that it will run for about 10 minutes and then pop stating that you need to pay for the month to month service to keep it going..

Might be BS its just what i was told.

vatothe0

Reaction score
But then you only get an ad-hoc network which can't be used by a lot of things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vatothe0

Reaction score
You also can't connect an Android phone or the Google CR-48 to ad-hoc.

OP
F

Frik own a Stik

FYI: there is a "patch" for the hotspot over at droidworld. Im not gonna link because I don't want to get in trouble with the mods here.

maderschramm

Reaction score
yup, this is what I do. hacks the nvram to trick your phone into thinking you've paid for the service. works great