Droid x memory conservation

Zoosh

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had run into this issue. I went through the article regarding autostarts, autokiller, and advanced task killer. I set the kill frequency to screen off and autokiller profile to ultimate. But even with these settings my phone will start with 200mb free and drop to 53 in a few hours with no change in open apps. This suggests services are running and taking up memory.

So I was wondering if anyone had run into this and found a solution to it. Also I notice autokiller in the task killer sometimes and I don't know if I should kill it or ignore it.

Im sorry if there is another thread on this I just didn't see one in the searches.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using TapatalkatapatalkaHA!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uninstall the task killer---ask anyone here ;)

OP
Z

Zoosh

Reaction score
I was under the impression task killer is bad for killing system tasks that will restart regardless, but useful for manual apps. But still, the phone drops too low on memory.

Sent from my Droid X using TapatalkatapatalkaHA!

OP
Z

Zoosh

Reaction score
I just read the other post on atk. I suppose atk and autokiller are both not recommended to run?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either way you look at it, they just work against your system

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
both are just depleting your battery. delete them and see if you actually run into a situation when you need memory. android will automatically free it up when needed.

scf

Reaction score
Yup, what they said. If you still want to muck about with what is taking up inventory, then try autostarts. This way you can say what apps start with what touch of a button. You'd be surprised what shows up. I also use CacheMate (rooted)

OP
Z

Zoosh

Reaction score
Yea I uninstalled both atk and autokiller. I still have autostarts on here though. I will see how it works out. Android os should have like a task manager built in for frozen apps though, right?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I uninstalled both atk and autokiller. I still have autostarts on here though. I will see how it works out. Android os should have like a task manager built in for frozen apps though, right?

check out titanium backup to freeze apps.