Droid X Melted

kabijo

Reaction score
My phone was in my bag all day - it was about 86 degrees here in NJ. When I went to take it out, I found that the casing had melted and the phone no longer works. I've taken out the battery and when I put it back in, I can get the phone to turn on but the screen will not react to any commands and incoming calls are going directly to voice mail.:icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That sucks. I cant believe it got that hot. Do you have insurance?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't know how that's possible. I have my thunderbolt on my hip in 95+ degrees and had no issues. Was it a plastic or rubber case?.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

kabijo

Reaction score
The phone has the standard black casing - I'm not sure what material it is but now it's just peeling off. And yes I have insurance but don't want a refurbished phone, especially since I have to pay the deductible!

kparks

Reaction score
The phone has the standard black casing - I'm not sure what material it is but now it's just peeling off. And yes I have insurance but don't want a refurbished phone, especially since I have to pay the deductible!

No way inside a backpack can get that hot I want a pic also could of been sumn with the phone.

Reaction score
Wow that's interesting. Did you call VZW and say something to them. It defiantly sounds like something shorted out.

OP
K

kabijo

Reaction score
Not much to see except the melted case. Rest of phone looks fine - just doesn't work.

kparks

Reaction score
Wow that's interesting. Did you call VZW and say something to them. It defiantly sounds like something shorted out.

Yea with heat I would expect screen separation but not case melting lol

kparks

Reaction score
Not much to see except the melted case. Rest of phone looks fine - just doesn't work.

Geeze what u take the pics with a Droid 2 Lmao zing.... Jk jk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone has been in higher temps so I do not see the heat melting the phone considering your phone internal temps get to 140+ at times. So something else had to happen whether it be an internal short or something else.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Do you use saran wrap for a case on your camera? Looks like my vision after a whole day drinking

Sent From My OC'd Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
If I understand the OP correctly, that phone had NO case, what so ever?? Hard to tell from the blurry pictures, what it is you're looking at. But I just find it hard to imagine that a New Jersey summer day, with temps in the upper 80s could melt a mostly metal Motorola case like that.

-Mike

Natey2

Reaction score
Now there's a good reason not to keep your phone in your pocket.
Would have been one hell of a burn.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.