Droid X Locks Up While Texting

heart7

Reaction score
I have a Droid X which has locked up while texting to another Verizon phone. On at least 3 ocassions over the last 10 days the screen freezes and the phone will not respond. The only way to get the phone restarted is to remove and reinstall the battery. Does anyone know a fix or how to prevent this. The local Verizon Rep said to install and use Task Killer ever so often, but this has not helped. Other than this issue have been really happy with the phone.

reuuin88

Reaction score
I have experienced this in the past before, probably a total of about 3 times over the course of the almost two months I've had the phone now. I would not recommend using a task killer though(read up on them). I personally think its being caused by some type of input malfunction with the multi-touch keyboard, or an interferring app. I did switch to Swype input about a month ago(love it omg) and I havn't noticed any restarts since. Maybe someone here has a bit better answer for you, but that has been my expirience.

I run stock OS non rooted 2.1 update1

P.s. if it helps I only text other verizon users and the occasional att customer, my txts on average range around 25-50 per day.:greendroid:

Fooligan

Reaction score
I updated to 2.2 yesterday and my Droid X has locked up at least a half a dozen times already...it's getting frustrating. I love this phone when it works but what is the point if it doesn't?