Droid x locks up on google search

gabrown2

Reaction score
Whenever i now start a new google search after typing the second letter of the search screen locks and u can only hit home button to get out of locked screen. Happens every time i use search

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not just you DXers happens on my D1 every other time. Very aggravating.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Got this tip in another discussion from someone who goes by "zamslam" so I can't take the credit. I haven't been using Google search much lately, but I haven't had the issue since I used zam's work around.

Go into Google search settings and change it to only search the Internet. Uncheck "apps" or any thing else that it might be searching. This seems to have done the trick for me so far. But I still want to see how it holds up the next time I do some heavy usage.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Steve H

Reaction score
Almost the same here. it would lock for about 5 seconds after the second letter was entered. I unchecked apps, as suggested by thinman72069 in the above post and now it seems to be fine.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Are you guys using ADW launcher? The google search widget that comes with that will only work for ADW.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get back to this thread. Unchecking apps has fixed it for me. Thank-you very much!

jojoferari

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my stock rom rooted D2G. This solution worked for me too.

jgrider1

Reaction score
Can not find google search settings to uncheck apps can someone help. Thanks

jojoferari

Reaction score
Open your google search app; press menu; go to settings; then select searchable items.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have had the issue with a few different ROMs including stock froyo and gb. It seems to have to do with searching the phone and google instant results are slowing it down way too much.

P.S. if you are the modding type, it does not happen on CM7 with it searching many things including apps and contacts.