Droid X Locks Up and Reboots

A1 Handy

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid X and for the most part I love it. I am experiencing one issue however. From time to time it seems to momentarily lock up then cut itself off and back on. Once it goes thru this cycle it will work normally for awhile till this occurs again. Am I doing something wrong.

Foreverloved

Reaction score
I've been having the same issues with my new Droid X, as well as the battery sometimes heats up over 115 degrees F.

My BF got one at the same time as me and his doesn't do this at all so I'm considering sending it back. I'm just scared I'm going to go on the refurb merry go round.

nessa23

Reaction score
When I first got my DX (8 mos ago) I had this same thing happen all the time. When I contacted carrier tech support, she told me it was normal! Ha! And that I should just do a battery pull every now and again. Seemed like quackery to me.

It got a bit better on 2.2 (Froyo) and stopped altogether on my phone when I updated to leaked Gingerbread and rooted. It seems much more stable. What Android version are you on? 2.2 (Froyo?) or 2.3 (Gingerbread)? And are you rooted? (Do some research before rooting if you haven't and don't do it if you don't know how to undo it. Voids your warranty.)

It might also be an app that you downloaded that is not working right. Most developers fix these app issues quickly. Have you updated all your apps?

Hope this helps a bit.