Droid x light/LCD not working

ad0704

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for little over year without any problems. The other day one drop of water might got in because I saw the drop of water...wiped it off. Screen flickered and then went off and won't come back on. Took battery out...small wet area noted and dried. Let air out a while.(this was not from a large amount of water) Still the phone will come on and if I turn it the right way, I can slightly see the slide bar and able to get in on phone. Buttons across bottom of phone light up.   I tried adjusting brightness thru setting......that isn't it. From what I read sounds like LCD ..... so is there a quick and easy fix? HAHA!... and what tools for a beginner do I need to take the phone apart. I am with verizon and did not take out insurance. I am sure it will cost plenty. Any suggestions? Up till today...I loved my droid. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums, sorry to hear you are having issues. If it is the LCD then I do not believe there is an "easy" fix. And I have no experience with taking them apart but if you search it on Google there are several videos on how to do it. But I do not recommend it unless it really is your only/last chance. It might be best to hold on and see what others think about it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome! Hope you find a solution to your issue ;)...

OP
A

ad0704

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums, sorry to hear you are having issues. If it is the LCD then I do not believe there is an "easy" fix. And I have no experience with taking them apart but if you search it on Google there are several videos on how to do it. But I do not recommend it unless it really is your only/last chance. It might be best to hold on and see what others think about it.
I was just dreaming the "black screen" would be something easy. I am going to verizon but I know there will be no help without big bucks and not sure even if I had insurance it would have helped....which is why I don't get insurance. I did find one with 26 steps...should be interesting since I am not techy! but tomorrow it is coming apart! who knows maybe if I fix it..I will get brave a do that rooting thing....sounds interesting. Usually when I get in a mess, I figure a way out...

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you got your phone fixed. DancingNexus