Droid X keyboard woes - Issues with using quotation marks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I am asking to have this thread moved to the Droid X Rescue Squad section for further assistance.

Thanks dl, but I'm plagued with this issue as well. I don't use quotes a lot, but when I do, I simply put the quotation mark in, backspace twice to delete it, then press space again and insert the quote in the proper place.

I also can't confirm that Bahama's work around works. I've just tried it several times, and it still only seems to put the quote in if I do a space/backspace move.

It's a problem with the phone thinking you accidentally inserted a space and are trying to punctuate.

Sometimes, smart phones aren't that smart. Haha!

As far as swype, I tried it on my d1, and really didn't like it at all at first, but grew to REALLY like it after I gave it some time. Wit that said, I still use the multi-touch keyboard as my default...

Sent from my DROIDX

tenbbs

Reaction score
Found this thread while researching the quotation mark / spacing problem. Same issue happens on the D2G while using the physical kbrd. I changed my soft kbrd from the multi-touch to Swype and the issue goes away, when using the physical kbrd. Strange, but it's a good fix for me, since I hardly ever use the soft kbrd anyway. Thanks for the conversation, the discussion in this thread cleared up my issue!
-FP

OP
B

bryanluvgod

Reaction score
I have purchased and been using Smart Keyboard Pro since I originally posted this thread. I couldn't be happier with this keyboard...works great, full of features, and doesn't have any of the bugs that plagued the stock keyboard. I think they have a free version or free trial of it, but in my opinion it is well worth the one or two dollars for the full version.