Droid X Keyboard Sucks After GingerBread

stump1000

Reaction score
I can't even type one word without it hitting the key next to the letter I want.

What can I do to fix this? It wasn't like that before I put Gingerbread on it. Now I have to turn it sideways for any text.

izzo540

Reaction score
if youre rooted you could always try flashing to the original blur keyboard that never did me dirty.. you can also try swiftkey in the market or you can try swype texting

OP
S

stump1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll try swift now and if it isn't better I'll try blur.

blakebritton

Reaction score
I noticed that swype was a lot buggier as well on gingy. Overall, I think the screen sensitivity has been reduced or something...

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Or "a better keyboard". There are tons of customizable skins including a GB one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

joker402

Reaction score
I agree I was miss typing like crazy so I went out and bought Steven Lins GB keyboard. The pain version offers alot of customization, in particular the themes. There is this one that goes perfect with ginger blur plus its super accurate.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I thought I was alone. I don't care for swipe and my kb is soooo laggy and also chooses the next letter. What kb are recommended and how do you download them.

OP
S

stump1000

Reaction score
I tried SwiftKey and it was just as bad.

This keyboard linked below fixed mine 100%. It works better than it ever has.

Thanks! If you hadn't posted this I would have been over Gingerbread already. This is definitely the keyboard to use!

michaelearth

Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out a solution to get the stock 2.2 Blur Keyboard to work in Gingerbread?

Thanks

knighthonor

Reaction score
Hey which subforum is this in? Well saved so I can come back to this thread in case I run into these issues.

Reaction score

Those links aren't working for me. What are they? I wouldn't say the keyboard on the leaked GB sucks but it does tend to lag sometimes. Especially when using the web browser. So if there's something better to use then I would like to try it

Posted Using My Droid X running GB Rooted

Reaction score
Speaking of. I thought gingerbread was supposed to have a black KB and a black status bar. So what's up with the Dark Blue status bar and the white keyboard in the leak? Or was it just not included in the leak but will be in the full release

Posted Using My Droid X running GB Rooted