Droid X Issue

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by YanaNerd, Sep 8, 2010.

1. YanaNerd

YanaNerd New Member

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I lurked around the support forums for a bit before posting and couldn't really find anything that correlated with my problem.

Basically I got my Droid X about a month ago and I love it. The only issue that I've had up until this point is that it would randomly restart itself. It happens often and I didn't think much of it.

Today I was using it in the morning, listening to some Pandora radio in bed and when I got up I plugged my phone into my charger because there was about 10% battery left and walked away. A few hours later I went to grab my phone and noticed that it won't turn on after I unplugged it. Slightly confused I plugged it back in and while it's plugged into the charger, the Motorola M flashes on the screen and the little green light turns on and glows steadily.

I tried taking out the battery and what not but still nothing. Now nothing at all happens except a glowing green light when it's plugged in. I never modded my phone or dropped it or anything.

Any advise would be appreciated. :)
  2. droid6user

droid6user New Member

You should try a few places to disable all the mechanisms that wind down your droid x.

1. In Location & Security settings - shut off both "screen lock" and "security lock"

2. In Sound & Display settings - shut off "screen timeout"

I can't think of anymore wind down features. If these are all off then it must be something else.
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Are you using a USB charger to your computer or the wall charger? I would use the wall charger - does it give you the battery icon on the screen showing that it is charging - sometimes, it has to have enough of a charge to be turned on...

Hopefully, you have gotten back on by now... :)
  4. Ryder0442

Ryder0442 New Member

Mine did the same thing, plugged it in with 15% on BAT, icon showed up, status said charging BUT the phone died. Wont charge wont boot up.
Search tags for this page
droid four green light only black screen
droid x black screen green light#gsc.tab

droid x green light stays on

droid x not turning on green light

droid x on with green light no screen