Droid X- Is anyone else having this problem???

Mally91

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X for roughly 5 months now, and have never had any problems with it until now.

The first issue is with text messaging- I'll be texting someone, and often when I try to send a message it will not send it. The phone gives me a notification that says "Text message not sent". I will keep trying to resend it, and it only keeps failing until I turn the phone off and back on again. This is rather annoying since it happens randomly (and usually only with my boyfriend, who also has a Droid X) and the phone seems to take forever to start up again, making it pretty inconvenient to have a quick conversation.

The second issue I've noticed is that the phone sometimes will turn itself off randomly. It seems to really only happen when I'm using apps....the most I've noticed it happening is with my Pandora Radio app, but it also happens with others. Of course this is also extremely annoying.

I don't remember noticing these issues until the most recent update of the software for the X. I'm wondering...is anyone else having these problems before or after the update? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

diverbelow

Reaction score
This is also happening on my wife's DX and sometime this month, there is supposed to be a fix coming anytime now to fix this issue. My wife is getting tired of rebooting her phone once a day just to use her phone.

BigChief5890

Reaction score
Ok..for the problem of it erroring out when you try to send a text, I might have a solution for it. When you go to send a text, make sure that the phone number doesn't look like this (+1 234-567-8910) and looks like (234-657-8910). This was happening to me and it would instantly error out when I pressed send. Took me a while to figure it out but it fixed my problem. I accidently sync'd my contacts with my facebook and it added +1's to everyones phone number. Hopefully this helps you.