Droid X Info

5.9Diesel

Reaction score
Just joined the forum tonight. My annual upgrade with Verizon is tomorrow and the Droid X has been on my mind. I heard that it does not support mpeg, mp4 etc. videos. Is there some kind of App to correct this? I work construction but dont take my phone out much while on the job. Would anyone say that its durability is pretty stout; anyone have any positive/negative feedback about the phone or any hints that can be given before I purchase this phone. Thanks.

- Matt

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
I just recently upgraded to the X from my droid. Its a solid phone i would recommend a Body Glove Hard case to complement the X should you get one. As for mp4 and mpeg support i have no idea if it does or does not support those file formats.
Enjoy your stay with us. If you have any questions just ask. :)

citanes-26

Reaction score
I have a mp4 movie on mine & it plays with the stock player, I also have some avi that play too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Download RockPlayer on the market and u can play any video format! Even mkv!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

citanes-26

Reaction score
I've used it before, it will also make your videos fullscreen

citanes-26

Reaction score
Yeah, even the free version

citanes-26

Reaction score
Free version has the rockplayer logo during video, don't know about the 720p

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Yeah, like 5.9Diessel, I'm two days away from upgrade land, and I've been eying up the Dx for months. I'm a bit weary of pulling the trigger on it though, cause a. I'm keeping an eye on all this DincHD business, and b. I'd like to wait till black friday/cyber monday for any crazy deals on it.

I've been getting by with a flip phone and an iPod touch, and thus all my music and podcasts are through iTunes. If i'd be able to get my podcast videos to play on the phone that would be great. Now I know iTunes and Droid don't play well, but how is music management via droid? Is it simple as plugging in the droid via usb cable, opening it's sd card folder, open a music folder and drop an album folder in it? No problems with metadata reading anything like that?

citanes-26

Reaction score
Never had a problem with music, drag limewire straight to x

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The DroidX plays mpg4 movies just fine in the stock player. Just like other mobile devices, The files need to be formatted to support the screen resolution for best results.

OP
5.9Diesel

5.9Diesel

Reaction score
I had no idea there were this many replies already (and i have a blackberry!) Maybe if I had an X already I would have known dancedroid Turns out my upgrade is Wednesday (more time to pick the perfect one) I have it narrowed down to the X or the Droid 2. Help me make up my mind please!

Loydroidx

Reaction score
I had no idea there were this many replies already (and i have a blackberry!) Maybe if I had an X already I would have known dancedroid Turns out my upgrade is Wednesday (more time to pick the perfect one) I have it narrowed down to the X or the Droid 2. Help me make up my mind please!

I'm able to upgrade in 8 days - also coming from a BB (Storm 1), and I'm planning on the X. Both the X and 2 seem good, but I don't need the slide out keyboard and I prefer the thinner profile of the X - along with the bigger screen.

bally

Reaction score
I can't comment on the Droid 2, but I can say with assurance that the X is the finest device I've ever owned. It looks like the biggest difference between the x and the 2 is the slide out keyboard. That, and screen size. I switched to the Droid x from a Blackberry Curve. I thought I would miss a hard keyboard, but swype is a better input method than a keyboard, imho.