Droid X In Boot Loop

Foreverrr

Reaction score
How can I get my Droid X out of a boot loop? I've got Fission 2.2 ROM installed and it just won't boot up.

THank you

younqcjmm

Reaction score
Try installing a different rom and see if it still does this. It may just be a problem with the rom.

D

dankarlinski

did you just install this?

if so, booot into the standard recovery, wipe the data/cache, and reboot it.

in my expericnce with my D2, removing the battery during the boot sequence, waiting a minute or so, and reinstalling it brings me back to clockwork.

try that as well

D

dvdcatalyst

How can I get my Droid X out of a boot loop? I've got Fission 2.2 ROM installed and it just won't boot up.

THank you

take the battery out, hold down home button, put battery in (and turn on if it doesnt do it by itself). After a few seconds you should see a yellow exclamation image. here, hit the search key to get into the menu.
there do a factory reset (wipe data/cache). after that, it *should* boot normally.
You might have to reactivate your phone by calling *228 or something like that.

D

dvdcatalyst

Yes that is the correct number lol.

I didn't mean to hijack your post. Its just that when I had the problem, I had to dig for a while to actually find the proper procedure.
With a dead phone in your hands, searching is a bit harder than when you are just looking for cool stuff.

younqcjmm

Reaction score
Yes that is the correct number lol.

I didn't mean to hijack your post. Its just that when I had the problem, I had to dig for a while to actually find the proper procedure.
With a dead phone in your hands, searching is a bit harder than when you are just looking for cool stuff.

Yea no problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk