Droid X - How do I stop the OTA updat?

endedup

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here,and it'sonly because I really need your help this time. Hopefully I can get a mulligan on this one.

So the new gb updates out and I keep ptessing "later" on the install request. Thing is that my corporate mail isnt going to work on the droid x when using 2.3 because the droidx has jacked up security settings. On motolrolas site their work around is to change settings on the Exchange Server. Unfortunately this is not an option.

I'm guessing that Moto's working on a fix but I dont want to continue being prompted to update. So my question is:

Is there a way to stop being prompted for the update, and to ensure that it doesnt automatically push to my phone? Maybe there's an app or process that I can freeze? Or maybe there's already a fix, or patch that I'm missing?

Any help's appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
You can freeze the system updater through Titanium, but I believe you need to be rooted.

OP
E

endedup

Reaction score
You can freeze the system updater through Titanium, but I believe you need to be rooted.

What about using Root Uninstaller? I was just about to FREEZE fota.apk. This the right file?

Edit
Actually I froze systemUpgrader.apk. I left systemupdater.apk as-is. Should I have done it the other way instead?

Last edited:
OP
E

endedup

Reaction score
Freezing systemupgrader.apk didn't stop it. Just received therequest to update again. I tried freezing systemupdatr.apk just now, but I don't think that's going to work. I think that is for the camera because the description has blur in it. Any suggestions ona rom to install? And a thread that has instructions on how to install one? Guess I'll turn off the phone for the night and check this again in the morning so this thing doesn't push the update to my phone while I sleep.

OP
E

endedup

Reaction score
Looks like I found my mulligan. Uninztalling vznavigator stopped the messages. I tried to manually update and it wont let me. Good to go if anyone care. LOL. Thanks?