Droid X help.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 419superman, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 419superman

419superman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay, i know everyone going to yell about using the search function, but ive tried and tried and i cant make heads or tails about my issue.

any advice?

heres my story, I bought a DROID X about a month ago, i rooted 2.1, saw that 2.2 came out, installed it and rooted 2.2. Now my browser kind of runs slow and doesnt load right.. and my phone lags quite a bit. ive cleared the cache on the browser and etc but nothing seems to help.

id like to use a custom rom so i can over clock my phone, but i havent the slightest idea how to even start this process...idk what to back up..what to wipe..where to load anything lol.

ideas?
    thanks
    -superman

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I don't have an X, but I'm sure someone that can answer your questions specific to the X will come along soon. In the mean time, here's some generic android stuff.

On the issue of the browser I'd suggest trying one of the alternatives such as Dolphin or Xscope. They have a lot more uses/supporters out there than the stock browser. That change alone may help your issue.

When you say the phone is lagging, do you mean that programs run slowly or do you mean the launcher screens redraw slowly?

3. 419superman

419superman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay ill try another browser. do you just download them from the market?

When i saw my phone is lagging, an example is somtimes when i click a contact, it takes 8-9 seconds to bring up the information. and when i click the home button after sending a text, the screen jumps.

thanks for the advice!