Droid X Hasn't Updated in Over a Year

bsquire

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum or if this issue has been addressed in the past.

Here's my story: I've had my Droid X for almost a year now. Actually I purchased 2 Droid X's at the same time. One has consistently received updates. Mine, however, has not yet received a single update. For reference, when I go to "About phone", it tells me the system version is "Version.1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US". The firmware version is "2.1-update1".

When I tap "System updates", I get "Check for updates was not available at this time. Try again later."

I've uninstalled all Market apps. I've wiped the cache partition. What else can I do to get the updates? I feel like I'm living in the Dark Ages without them?

csimo

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. If that doesn't work you'll have to learn to SBF it yourself.

bgardner15

Reaction score
How do one do a factory reset? I am having almost the same thing. I downloaded the update and when it did the reboot it started to unpack the update but stopped and booted up? what can I do??? thanks for the help....

csimo

Reaction score
Settings / Privacy settings / Factory Data Reset.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
If you have never modded the phone,or rooted it,I dont recommend you SBF it,this is there issue,you shouldnt risk bricking the phone because of it,just call verizon or take it to a store,even if its out of warranty,they should still help you free,since this issue obviously has been there a LONG time...

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you have never modded the phone,or rooted it,I dont recommend you SBF it,this is there issue,you shouldnt risk bricking the phone because of it,just call verizon or take it to a store,even if its out of warranty,they should still help you free,since this issue obviously has been there a LONG time...

I agree.
(This minimum 10 character thing is stupid)

OP
B

bsquire

Reaction score
A factory reset did the trick. I had to update twice: once to Froyo and then once more to Gingerbread. (I hope I'm using the terms correctly).

Matchstick0311

Reaction score
*228 your device. You get updates quicker. You may need to search for them manually in the settings.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! Yes you are using the terms correctly.

CM74DX

OP
B

bsquire

Reaction score
Seems there are a lot more terms I need to learn: SBF, bricking, etc. But I'm satisfied that my phone is now current.

Thanks for your help. You've been very patient with me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf is to flash your phone back to out of the box condition. Bricking your phone is messing it up bad enough that it wont function. Usually when you brick, the only way to get it back working is to sbf.

CM74DX

OP
B

bsquire

Reaction score
Got it. I kinda figured that "bricking" was what happens when your phone has all the functionality of a brick. I like the term. :)