Droid X has been rooted

joeymoose

Reaction score
I'm not worried about losing root...... All that matters is we have root now. The future is not here so I don't worry about stuff that has not happened yet...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about losing root...... All that matters is we have root now. The future is not here so I don't worry about stuff that has not happened yet...

Live for today! I get your point, I don't use custom ROMs either. I just use it for overclocking and of course with the Droid Bluetoooth Voice Dialing.

joeymoose

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Great point!

It's like all the new threads saying "I want the new xxxxxx but there is a better phone coming out in 4 months.. What should I do?"

Plus I have faith in all the Hackers/Developers, They have yet to show me otherwise..

mazz0310

Reaction score

Yes that is true, and also now with root it's possible to start working on the bootloader.

dverplank

Reaction score
so happy, so very very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That was quick, not that I had any doubts, hopefully the donations for Birdman build up, he deserves it

erikfig

Reaction score
wow,

i was just reading birdmans twitter. guess we have to start buying beers. this is good news. whos buying an x now.

Not until they do somehing about he boot loader....

Last edited:

montyboy

Reaction score
Anyone mind posting just the "exploid" file for review? I'm at work and can't download the .zip :(

I'd like to see how it was done :)

Congrats and good work! :icon_ banana:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the true problem of all this getting bast the boot loader? I understand that there was no question about it being rooted but how are you going to get past the boot loader?

You sir are correct! That's the big gotcha is the bootloader and the encryption as well as the sig. that eFuse checks.

motorhaith

Reaction score
question, does this now allow us to have wireless tether without having to pay for the 20 verizon fee? i know it allows us to get rid of bloatware or preloaded apps i dont ever use, but i was wondering about the wireless tethering

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
When the bootloader is cracked this will be news.

Sent from my Droid