Droid X got wet

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by DroiDTalenT, Jan 2, 2011.

  1. DroiDTalenT
    Offline

    DroiDTalenT New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    My x got wet on newyears. When i plug it in i get the green charging led thats it. im using a wall charger, have tried pulling sd card and battery in every order and way. is the phone toast?
  2. DroidX316
    Offline

    DroidX316 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Hey you got your telephone number in one of those pictures.
  3. DroiDTalenT
    Offline

    DroiDTalenT New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    its a fake google voice number
  4. the5barrons
    Offline

    the5barrons New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    442
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    How wet?

    Take battery out, leave battery cover off. Put dx in small plastic bag of uncooked rice for a couple days. Try start up again after that. Hopefully nothing permanent.

    "what evrrrrr"
  5. maderschramm
    Offline

    maderschramm Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2010
    Messages:
    672
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Madison, WI
    barrons is right. remove battery/sdcard. put sdcard in safe place. but battery and phone (with battery door open) into bag of uncooked rice. take a hair dryer and BLOW AIR (NOT HEAT, BUT JUST FAN) into the bag of rice.

    Wait patiently. Usually resolves the issue. Seen it work miracles.
  6. Dusty
    Offline

    Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2010
    Messages:
    847
    Likes Received:
    161
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    DC/NoVA
    Quit plugging it in you're going to short it out.

    I recommend buying silica gel and leaving the Droid buried in it for a day or more in a warm place. Silica is FAR more absorbent than rice. Rice can also mess up your electronics because of it's dusty residue which will stick to the internals.
Search tags for this page
droid x got wet
,
droid x got wet#gsc.tab
,
droid x2 wet charget battery
,

my droid x got wet

,
my droid x got wet and now it wont charge
,
sd card got wet android
,
wet sd card android