Droid x gmail syncing issues

Crash1701

Reaction score
I am having an issue with gmail. It will not sync automatically like my other accounts will. I can go to settings> accounts> and then select the gmail account and force it to sync but it does not do it on its own. I do not have an option to change the sync in that menu setting either. Also, I can go into settings>data management> and when I select any if the sync options ir only shows my secondary email account to change options on, not the gmail account. Anyone else experience thus problem? What would you suggest?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Crash1701

Crash1701

Reaction score
I figured out the problem. For anyone else that has this issue I solved mine by doing the following

- Opening the widget selector (Holding my finger on empty part of screen for 1 sec.)
- Selecting Android Widgets
- Selecting the Power control Widget
- Highlighting the arrows that are in the circle

The phone immediately started syncing everything just like it should. Calendar, contacts, and emails on the interval that I had selected.

Hope this helps future issues for everyone.

B

bittycakes

omg THANK YOU!!!

I figured out the problem. For anyone else that has this issue I solved mine by doing the following

- Opening the widget selector (Holding my finger on empty part of screen for 1 sec.)
- Selecting Android Widgets
- Selecting the Power control Widget
- Highlighting the arrows that are in the circle

The phone immediately started syncing everything just like it should. Calendar, contacts, and emails on the interval that I had selected.

Hope this helps future issues for everyone.

I have been going NUTS FOR WEEKS with this issue! Thank you SO MUCH! This solved it! I am forever grateful!!!