Droid X Gets Hot During Standby?

SEGA

Reaction score
Well I picked up my Droid X while it was charging and it felt warm, I figured it was because it was charging..

But I just picked up my phone and woke it up from standby (not plugged in) and it was warm? It was on standby for 3 hours and the battery was in the orange/30% charged?

I'm new to the droid x, is this a common problem?

Note: Nothing was left on like WiFi or GPS, the screen was off and everything for 3 hrs.

Danii1003

Reaction score
Mine does that too I think that's why the battery drains so fast and I have the extended battery! What fixes this problem?

Sent from my DROIDX

kevinkar

Reaction score
Mine does not behave like that. It's always cool to the touch when I have not been using it. Are you absolutely sure something is not running in the background?

Danii1003

Reaction score
Mine does not behave like that. It's always cool to the touch when I have not been using it. Are you absolutely sure something is not running in the background?

I have that advanced task killer and the only thing that I have it set not to kill us text messages and the alarm

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Well when I go under settings, application, running applications, there are like 10 different things running, not like Droid1 were it was a few.
but every time I close say VerizonSync thing, it reopens, same with skype, among others.

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Ok I just took my Droid X out of my pocket and it's burning up while on standby?

This is the 4th time I have touched it when in standby and it's very warm if not hot?

WTF is going on?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Last edited:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I would definitely say it is the Task Killer. It is not needed. I have over 30 apps running on my X at all times. The only time you need to kill an app is when it is acting crazy. Uninstall the Task Killer and let your phone just chill and do nothing, then see what happens.

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Nope, I removed task killer about 4 days ago.

I also just removed Lookout Security to see if that was the problem..

Kinda sucks if that was the reason, Lookout is a great program to back stuff up and if the phone is lost, help find it.

Big_Ron

Reaction score
Great info the first thing I was told by the vzw rep when I got a pair of x's was to install task mananger. I'm clinging to ubistall it an see. My phone stays cool I ran GPS on it from iowa to DC and didn't realy see a heat change

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
Go to Settings, Battery Manager, Touch for usage statistics, and see what the phone thinks is using the most power. That should indicate what's running/using most of your power.

If nothing is really running, then I suggest you have a defective battery or phone and need to get it replaced.

Big Fate

Reaction score

Kinda sucks if that was the reason, Lookout is a great program to back stuff up and if the phone is lost, help find it.

I have the same encounter and I dont use Task killer but I do use Lookout. Theres obviously something running in the backround but when I check nothing looks to really standout. My phone gets hot in idle all the time...and so did my last phone

eromrab

Reaction score

I have the same encounter and I dont use Task killer but I do use Lookout. Theres obviously something running in the backround but when I check nothing looks to really standout. My phone gets hot in idle all the time...and so did my last phone

Try the Watchdog app. It'll let you know if any apps are hogging your resources.