Droid X Froze :|

GrinReaper

Reaction score
So....I just got my DX 2 days back, and its been great so far and I am loving it. I got it on 2.1 but i pretty much upgraded to 2.2 OTA in the first 20 minutes of getting the phone. I've been installing and uninstalling apps as I try them.

Strangest thing happened today after surfing the web. I just installed Dolphin HD on my X and was surfing, i usually surf full web. I downloaded like 2 files...an mp3 and a video while i was surfing and then tried to shoot a video. While getting out of the camcorder, my droid froze and became completely unresponsive. I eventually had to get the battery out to reboot it, and after i did the time was 6:00 pm on december 31 1969. This corrected after a bit. So i cleaned up a bit and uninstalled a lot of apps (one of which was cardio trainer which insisted on running in the background after repeatedly closing it) I used to have a task killer but removed it about a day back.

After the uninstalling, my droid froze again and had to be booted by removing the battery and the time went back to 1969 again. I also have Launcher Pro installed on it with a static wall paper.

Why is this happening, can i fix this?

This also happened once to my fiance's D2 today in the afternoon.

Also, I haven't rooted either phones yet and the quadrant benchmarks on the DX and D2 gives a score of about 1392 and 1470 respectively . How can I improve this score and make them faster. (Yes, i plan on rooting them and removing the bloat ware eventually...but in the meantime ..)

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score
This is what i would do. For both of your problems (speed and freezing)
1. Back everything up via ROM Manager.
2. Factory Reset.
3. Root, ROM, and Theme.