Droid X freezing up this morning anyone else?

Vilkus

Reaction score
There was just some sort of droid x update for the camera and some other stuff. I don't know if that is the issue.
It has needed a soft restart twice this morning while listening to music via bluetooth.
The screen locks up and won't unlock.
if you hit the home key the screen goes blank and needs a soft restart.
If you don't hit the home button you can turn the phone off for a restart.
?

DroidX101

Reaction score
mine has been doing this since I've gotten it on the 15th. Should be getting my new one in a few days. Mine has been really bad today for some reason. Last night it was doing great.

Good Luck

Jpease

Reaction score
mine has been doing this since I've gotten it on the 15th. Should be getting my new one in a few days. Mine has been really bad today for some reason. Last night it was doing great.
Mine was rebooting and freezing 2-3 times a day. On the third day I went to the VZW store some tech lady installed advance task manager and I never looked back. Its been working rock solid ever since.

OP
V

Vilkus

Reaction score
so I should think about a replacement?

Good Luck
HOw did you get them to ship you one or are you going back to the store?
I got mine on the 15th too.
I have some sync issues and sometimes voice won't work with out a restart

So you think I should return the phone once they have them in stock
Thanks

Jpease

Reaction score

Good Luck
HOw did you get them to ship you one or are you going back to the store?
I got mine on the 15th too.
I have some sync issues and sometimes voice won't work with out a restart

So you think I should return the phone once they have them in stock
Thanks

They didn't ask if I bought there. They just took care of it.

kkwan77

Reaction score
Is still experiencing the random freezes, where it seems like the phone is lagging.....? I generally notice this when flipping through home screens or typing with Swype.

Anyone?

mcshady96

Reaction score
blutooth

Crazy idea...i've tried everything with no luck fixing the sluggish and screen freezing issues. I just turned off bluetooth and i haven't had an issue yet.

Not sure if this is it or not...maybe just a bad bluetooth driver

kkwan77

Reaction score
Crazy idea...i've tried everything with no luck fixing the sluggish and screen freezing issues. I just turned off bluetooth and i haven't had an issue yet.

Not sure if this is it or not...maybe just a bad bluetooth driver

Hmmm, I'm not using Bluetooth at all and am still getting this off and on. I noticed the physical buttons are not affected with the lagging / unresponsiveness kicks in.

This must not be a widespread issue as not many people chimed in on this....?

jdsushi

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same issues. My droid x is frozen right now, I've tried turning it off/on but nothing. I'll just wait a while and it will unfreeze like it did the other day. I've had it for a week and it has frozen about 3 times.

Update: I waited like 30 mins and nothing happened, so I had to remove the battery to reset it. Sucks.

Last edited:

mcshady96

Reaction score
I can confirm now that the bluetooth is definitely not the issue. I was running great for a while and then the freezing started again...im going to call verizon and get it replaced.

I can confirm that my issue is the same as discussed here...when the touch screen freezes, the physical buttons still work, even while its still frozen...very strange

ninjabox

Reaction score
Mine freezes once a day. Same as everybody else the buttons work on the bottom, button nothing else. Also when I hit the home button it just goes black, but I can still hit back and go into whatever I was doing last.

I already called verizon once about it and the lady said they haven't heard of the issue yet. But it seems as though it's starting to happen more now.

Donut

Reaction score
I have had my x since launch day and have not had any problems until this afternoon around 2. I sent a txt then dialed a number and my phone showed the red eye then wouldn't do anything so I took the battery out and it worked fine. Then about 6:30 pm I was typing a txt and it froze again.this time I couldn't txt or do anything. The screen went black and green light was flashing as I had txt coming through but couldn't get screen to light up. I tried holding down the power button but it still wouldn't work so I had to take the battery out again. Is this a major problem with the x? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

unknowndroid

Reaction score
I have had my x since launch day and have not had any problems until this afternoon around 2. I sent a txt then dialed a number and my phone showed the red eye then wouldn't do anything so I took the battery out and it worked fine. Then about 6:30 pm I was typing a txt and it froze again.this time I couldn't txt or do anything. The screen went black and green light was flashing as I had txt coming through but couldn't get screen to light up. I tried holding down the power button but it still wouldn't work so I had to take the battery out again. Is this a major problem with the x? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Had the same exact problem starting 3 or 4 days ago. Lock up, notification light blinking, power button unresponsive, had to battery pull. Happened more and more each day until yesterday. Did a factory reset and didn't load any apps at all from the market. Within 30 minutes, got the same issue. Took it to the VZW store "before" I pulled the battery, so they could see it. They immediately ordered me a new one. While we were standing at the counter, it froze up again.

One interesting note. I did finally install System Panel, and turned on monitoring history. It's fozen a few times since then, and for a few minute before it locks up, CPU utilization is at 100%. For the whole time I had the X since launch day, I dont think it was ever at 100% CPU utilization, based on the data from System Panel before this started. Also, the data shows the battery shows dead right before it freezes, but when I pull the battery, it goes right back up to whatever it was before the 100% CPU utilization.

I figured it would be a week or two for delivery based on what I've been reading, but when I called today to double check the shipping address (the lady asked me for it 3 times, so I was concerned), they told me it had shipped last evening, with a Monday deliver date. Gave me the FedEx tracking number and all.

My advice, try a factory reset, but if it is still doing it, my guess is that it is a hardware issue and not software. Return it for an exchange.

kkwan77

Reaction score
I haven't been experiencing this since I received my replacement 'certified-like new' phone from VZW.

Also fixed the rattling/buzzing from the speaker when making and receiving calls.

MARVELOUS!

mastervader

Reaction score
Mine freezes when I put it in the car dock and it connects to my stereo BT system.
Ill start streaming MP3s and then I would try to make a call but it would freeze. I would press DIAL and it would take like 3 minutes for the DIAL screen to come up, or I would try to use google maps and the address would take minutes to show.

This only happens when I am using BT