Droid X framework file...Gone...brick?

kenhunt

Reaction score
Ok, I was messing around with my X and decided that i'd put the black notification bar on it. I am not very familiar with adb and terminal emulator is a pain to me (never works right). I am rooted, had installed root manager and got my framework-res.apk that contained the black bar, so decided to just cut and paste it using root manager into the system/framework folder....well then something bad happened....screen went black...reboot...now i'm stuck at the "M" of death...is there anyway to access the system files in recovery mode? I've tried everything I can think of...and no luck at all! Please help someone...Don't feel like driving to verizon tomorrow to make up a story and have it replaced...

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
your not suppose to mess with files like that till we can make back ups you should definitely research before you do things like that

im sorry to say but its bricked

OP
K

kenhunt

Reaction score
Kinda figured, but was keeping fingers crossed on being able to access the file system from recovery mode...guess i'll be visiting the big v tomorrow...maybe if i'll sleep in someone will find a solution hahaha

nerdkill

Reaction score
is there any way possible to fix that with an encrypted boot loader?

OP
K

kenhunt

Reaction score
I am doubting that...but doesn't hurt to have a hope...oh well i had to go to town tomorrow anyways...and i have my droid 1 still to keep me in touch till then

OP
K

kenhunt

Reaction score
Made a visit to the friendly people over at verizon today...new x on the way...BUT, last night i was there as well trying to get my droid 1 replaced, and they have none in stock, nor will they be in stock for a long while if ever again...is it odd that they have x's but not droid 1s?

avt123

Reaction score
Made a visit to the friendly people over at verizon today...new x on the way...BUT, last night i was there as well trying to get my droid 1 replaced, and they have none in stock, nor will they be in stock for a long while if ever again...is it odd that they have x's but not droid 1s?

They are getting ready for the Droid 2 stock. No need to have the Droid anymore.

OP
K

kenhunt

Reaction score

They are getting ready for the Droid 2 stock. No need to have the Droid anymore.

I did kinda figure that, but what about replacing my phone? They said they were unsure about when if ever they'd get any, i'm supposed to call back in a few days to check, and if they don't have them then something else will be figured out. So would it be out of my mind to say they'd replace it with a droid 2(when it drops), an incredible, or an x? Because I still kind of want a droid 1...just for the freedom of being able to install anything still...dancedroid

brendanstl

Reaction score
Kinda sucks that Verizon has to replace your phone because you didnt read and listen to the devs and hackers telling us not to change anything until they come up with a way to un-brick our phones. No wonder its getting harder to get good customer service and a problem fixed when its actually a leggit one.

Nothing against you but its just my two cents.

OP
K

kenhunt

Reaction score
Kinda sucks that Verizon has to replace your phone because you didnt read and listen to the devs and hackers telling us not to change anything until they come up with a way to un-brick our phones. No wonder its getting harder to get good customer service and a problem fixed when its actually a leggit one.

Nothing against you but its just my two cents.

And the way I look at it: Lesson learned. my 2c :)

baniels

Reaction score
Did you by chance forget to set the proper permissions to the modified file?

Ok, I was messing around with my X and decided that i'd put the black notification bar on it. I am not very familiar with adb and terminal emulator is a pain to me (never works right). I am rooted, had installed root manager and got my framework-res.apk that contained the black bar, so decided to just cut and paste it using root manager into the system/framework folder....well then something bad happened....screen went black...reboot...now i'm stuck at the "M" of death...is there anyway to access the system files in recovery mode? I've tried everything I can think of...and no luck at all! Please help someone...Don't feel like driving to verizon tomorrow to make up a story and have it replaced...