Droid X FM Radio

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by n0t4g4iN, Jul 17, 2010.

1. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN New Member

Is it me or is the FM radio terrible at picking up stations? I am not expecting it to be like a car radio but it really isn't picking up any stations. Do I special headphones for it to work or is there a certain brand that may make the reception better? Thank for the help.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Mine works fine with the Bose ear-buds I have, AFAIK there are no special ones to use.
  3. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN New Member

Do you normally have really good reception picking up stations with other devices? It may be the area I live.
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Yes, Here in the Baltimore/DC Metro area there are like 154,256,896 radios stations.....
  5. jackmccarron

jackmccarron New Member

I'm in Concord NH where I get at least 20 - 25 strong FM stations on my car radio and on my home FM radio. I was really disappointed that I only get 1 to 2 stations on my new Droid X. So disappointed that I complained to Vzw and they sent me a new Droid x. Well, the new phone has exactly the same problem!!!

I know that the earphone wires act as the FM antenna, so I tried about 6 different earphones to see if that made a difference. Well, only very slightly. Could hear some fm "hissing" with certain wire positions.

Wondering if this very poor fm reception is a "feature" of the phone. Called vzw again. The techs "had not heard" any similar reports, and their records didn't show any. They're going to call motorola to see if they are aware of the problem. They'll let me know.
  6. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN New Member

I went to the store to check on the in store model with my own headphones and i ended up getting the same reception issues as my phone. I think it is the design of the phone and not a specific problem. i don't think many people care to test out the fm receiver because of streaming over the internet. i tested someone's droid incredible and the reception is just as bad if not worse.
  7. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

Here in Miami, the reception is excellent, crystal clear but I hardly ever use it. BTW I pick up all the major stations. I'm using the bass-boost headphones from Verizon. I tried my other ones and they work fine as well. I'm pretty sure the stations' signal strength has everything to do with it.
  8. Billmcph2

Billmcph2 New Member

How Do I Create A New Post

Can someone tell me how to create a new post? I've been all over this board and have only been able to respond to other peoples posts. The FAQ's seem to leave an awful lot to the imagination.
  9. sda

sda New Member

I tried the FM app once and it seemed to pick up signals loud and clear. However, I do recall the FM app being a little buggy: when I scanned for signals, it started from 87.5, got 2-3 stations and then stopped scanning. However, when I entered a specific station like 106.7, it caught the station right away. I haven't tried the FM app after that since it sucks my battery dry very fast. I'm in NJ, and use regular Philips in-ear earphones.

n0t4g4iN, have you compared reception indoors and outdoors? Maybe better results outdoors? Also try with and without a cover, if you have one on. Just to eliminate any reasons for signal attenuation.
  10. zamslam

zamslam New Member

My clock radio and car radio do much better.
Search tags for this page

droid x fm radio

droid x fm radio add favorites
droid x radio fm
droid x3 radio
droidx fm radio
droidx fm radio has poor reception
droidx radio has poor reception
droidx radio has to
how to improve fm radio signals in android mobiles
how to strengthen my fm radio signal on droid x
motorola droid x fm radio