Droid X first time battery charge

jman316

Reaction score
Hey like the rest of you, I want my battery to last as long as I can. I searched a little bit on this topic and saw people were saying two different things. Some were saying that you should charge the battery right when you get it. Others were saying that the battery should be drained to 5% then charged fully. What do you think? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey like the rest of you, I want my battery to last as long as I can. I searched a little bit on this topic and saw people were saying two different things. Some were saying that you should charge the battery right when you get it. Others were saying that the battery should be drained to 5% then charged fully. What do you think? Thanks!

OK, thanks for searching. Now I'm going to tell you what it is.

Just let it charge up when you first get it. You cannot condition the lithium battery. This was the thinking behind the old nicad battery. It does not apply in the year 2010.

Now you can recharge it whenever you feel like it. You don't have to let it charge off completely, It won't do that anyway it cuts off a 5%.

Your battery life under normal use is going to be bad. Expect that. Buy an extra battery from Amazon.com. Get a cheap wall charger from ebay. If you need to put a charger in your car.

Do these things and you will spend more time enjoying your phone and less worrying about the battery.

Phildo

Reaction score
is there a battery charger that will charge the battery only, while not installed in the phone?

OP
J

jman316

Reaction score

OK, thanks for searching. Now I'm going to tell you what it is.

Just let it charge up when you first get it. You cannot condition the lithium battery. This was the thinking behind the old nicad battery. It does not apply in the year 2010.

Now you can recharge it whenever you feel like it. You don't have to let it charge off completely, It won't do that anyway it cuts off a 5%.

Your battery life under normal use is going to be bad. Expect that. Buy an extra battery from Amazon.com. Get a cheap wall charger from ebay. If you need to put a charger in your car.

Do these things and you will spend more time enjoying your phone and less worrying about the battery.
Thanks for the reply. Another thing is, I heard that it's bad to let it die all the way. Is that true?