Droid x face planted on hard pavement -- screen now spider cracked

digitz

Reaction score
and I have no insurance :). How screwed am I? Anyone ever work with Motorola on replacing screens and their cost? Any guides to doing this yourself?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Posts about Insurance Fraud are not allowed here on DF.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I have never had to buy a replacement screen for any device but I am sure E-Bay would be a good place to look.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
wtf are you talking about? Did you READ the post? Do it again, more slowly this time.
We have posts about Insurance Fraud all the time and they are immediately closed, if this was the case this thread would not still be here.

It is a Moderators job to ensure the Forum, along with all of it's many posts and users follow the guidlines, this was just a heads up ensuring that this thread stays on the up and up, nothing more and nothing less

Also respect for all members is #1 on the Forum, it seems you might not be aware of that

Last edited:

lterry913

Reaction score
are you within your 30 day period ...because my screen cracked and verizon sent me a new phone... i did not drop it had a screen protector installed and within an hour...CRACK. Was mortified, but verizon gave me no trouble at all. Had new phone in 5 days. And just a thought if you are still able...Add Insurance

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I read the moderators post about insurance fraud (knowing full well that it was a moderator trying to prevent the inevitable post about how you can defraud the ins co or carrier and get a new phone) and then saw the OP's reply (knowing full well that OP was clearly unaware that his offensive rebuttal was directed toward a moderator) and crack uped at this whole situation lol. To the point, the moderator is one hundred percent correct in saying what he said but i think we can all understand where OP is coming from; i dropped my X yesterday and only CHIPPED its side maybe 2 mm of visible damage and it ruined my whole day.

Now on topic, will verizon/moto only replace my X if its within the 30 day period? My X sucks battery down at an alarming rate and after reading the success people here have had with their replacements' battery life being superior to their originals', i've been considerig calling verizon for a replacement. I am NOT asking how i can defraud verizon, just asking if anyone knows their policy.

Thanks as always guys. Joining this forum is one of the best things i've ever done for myself.

donballz

Reaction score
WHAT?!?! I thought this was the invincible Gorilla glass? It cant be this easy to break?! I drop my phones all the time! I'm totally freaked out now. :(

benner

Reaction score
WHAT?!?! I thought this was the invincible Gorilla glass? It cant be this easy to break?! I drop my phones all the time! I'm totally freaked out now. :(

Gorilla glass will shatter if hit just right. Seeen them shatter when they hit perfectly flat against a hard surface

lterry913

Reaction score
my screen got a half inch crack in it within the 30 day period. I took to my verizon store and they sent a new one in a few days...no charge... good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phone just fell out of my shirt pocket while I was unloading some groceries and smacked face first on the concrete. Not a scratch, thank God.

I do have insurance for that purpose. Sorry to hear about your phone OP. Gorilla Glass is strong but as mentioned if you it at the right point it can shatter.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Having insurance is a must. I put insurance on all 4 Android phones on my verizon account. Better safe than sorry, especially with a smartphone that costs a lot of money retail.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read the moderators post about insurance fraud (knowing full well that it was a moderator trying to prevent the inevitable post about how you can defraud the ins co or carrier and get a new phone) and then saw the OP's reply (knowing full well that OP was clearly unaware that his offensive rebuttal was directed toward a moderator) and crack uped at this whole situation
The real funny (not really) part is it wasn't even the O/P who chimed in with the rude and insensitive comment, just someone who felt the need to throw a nickel into the mix :wacko: