Droid X, ESN Swap?

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Hello all!!

So i recently conned Verizon into an early Annual Upgrade and i received the Droid X today (stoked) and im ready to play!! dancedroid

My question is, how do i go about this? We are on a Family Shared Plan and our primary line is the one that got the upgrade. Currently we have a LG Chocolate on the primary line and a Storm 2 on the secondary.

What i want to know is how do i switch/swap the lines? Is their any certain steps i should follow? i know it can be done but i want to make sure i follow the correct steps. My goal is to get the Droid X on my secondary line (the Storm 2 line, my line) and put the LG Chocolate back on the primary..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Note: I probably should have done a search first and i will search until someone replies, again thanks for the help and it's good to be here!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to activate your X on the primary line first. Then switch it to your line. You can do it in a store, over the phone, or My Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the swift reply!! This site kicks major butt, love the design!! I will be an active member here! Again, thanks for the help. Activating now!

scubieman

Reaction score
When I get my droidx from verizon same story as you. They should of instructions included with package. I think all I had to do is dial either *228 option 1 or there *611 (customer service) then it knows you want to update your phone and will push new numbers through. I don;'t think you have to active on the primary or any other line. Just put it on the line you want.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Ok, well i haven't activated anything yet. They did send the instructions but.. I wanted to make sure i was doing it correctly. You say i should be able to do it on either line and if i goto My Verizon and choose my number in the Drop Down box to activate the phone it does give me the option to choose my number?

scubieman

Reaction score
I have never done it online. I just do it by following the instructions given. The number should be assigned to the line needed.

If you mess it up verizon will fix it. It's not like you rooted and things when wrong :)

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Im not sure i follow you when you say the number should be assigned to the line needed? Don't matter, ill try it and see...

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Ok, it's now activated, does anyone know how to swap now? Is there a special link i am to go to?

scubieman

Reaction score
If your phone needs to be on the primary second or third line. It will know what spot the phone needs to be in.

It sounds like you did a early upgrade on primary but your using the phone for your 3rd line. It should know to put phone right to third line. But the primary phone can't get upgrade for 20 months which is not a big deal.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
No, i did not add a 3rd line, we have 2 lines, the primary and the secondary. I want to put the X on my line which is line 2.

Anybody know how to do what im trying to do?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can do it thru my verizon, online. Just pick the # you want to be on the X, turn the one that is currently on that line off and follow instructions.

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
AWW YEA!! IM STOKED!!! Ok, now on to the rooting!! Thanks again guys!!

OP
D

Droid Junky

Reaction score
Testing 123 w00t!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scubieman

Reaction score
You just call verizon at *611 get customer service and they will do it.