Droid X enroute

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I just bought a DX from dell.com for $49.99. Be here within the week I'm hoping! Going to retire my D1 and use it wifi for fun.

Edit: Apparently buying the phone from dell and expecting the early upgrade the Verizon Rep told be I was ok to do was wrong of me. No Droid X for now. :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

routemyworld

Reaction score
Well at least you're not the only one. I tried doing the same thing the last few days. I was trying to upgrade mine and my wife's phone through Dell mobility ($19.99 per phone with 2-yr activation) and Verizon didn't approve the updgrade. Dell mobility put in my order, spent over an hour with Dell taking down my information. Then a day later I get an email from Dell cancelling my order because Verizon denied my request.

Prior to ordering it, I spoke with three Verizon customer reps assuring me that they were willing to allow my wife for an early upgrade because of the holidays. It turns out, they'll only let me do it if I bought straight through Verizon store.

Oh well!

timrock

Reaction score
well, maybe its a good thing. the droid incredible hd is just around the corner.

routemyworld

Reaction score
well, maybe its a good thing. the droid incredible hd is just around the corner.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. More fodder for unnecessary salivation. Maybe it IS a blessing in disguise that my upgrade request got denied. :)