Droid X doesn't notify me of email

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I have messed around with my settings where I was able to determine how often email updates, if at all. I can't remember how.. I believe it was yahoo, not the synced one either.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

elaineart

Reaction score
Droid X will not sync emails-but it did

Regularly receiving my emails for a personal business email account (through POP3) went smoothly through March 12-no problems whatsoever (I had the phone about 4-5 weeks at that point). A couple of days later I realized that it was no longer receiving those emails, nor would it send emails. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon trying to solve this problem; the only thing we accomplished is that it will now receive emails when I refresh, but only when I think to do that. And it still isn't consistent with sending them. I started looking online and can clearly see that this is an ongoing problem that Motorola apparently doesn't care about at all and that no one else has really solved either. Also, Verizon seems to be either unaware or acts ignorant since there is no fix. The only thing that I changed on my phone at all in that time frame is that I dialed the *228 for the monthly roaming update. Now I wonder if that's what screwed up my email and if anyone else can make that connection to theirs not working. I loved this phone and now I'm not very happy with it since I need to be able to receive my emails! Maybe I'll just go back to my BB-at least the email worked!

suze1107

Reaction score
Exactly! I've had my Droid for about 6 months and it's been fine until a few days ago (mid March) - it no longer notifies me that I have email until I go in and refresh manually. I didn't change anything. Didn't add any new applications. I have unset and then set again the settings to push data, also have the fetch schedule to every 15 minutes, and have battery on performance. I have powered down and back on again. Still it doesn't deliver any emails until I go into Universal Inbox and hit refresh.

Also, and it's done this for some time now, it randomly just does not deliver some emails at all in one of my pop accounts. They show up when I go to a computer and get into my actual email, but they never show up on the Droid. Invariably, those are the emails I actually really need. I can't find a pattern to it.

Just want my phone to notify me that I have new mail. I have 5 accounts that I need to check constantly. This is the number one reason I have a smart phone!

farsfam

Reaction score
Well i had this problem till yesterday. Uninstalled app killers then reset phone works fine now. Funny thing was i had the x for about 6 months now with the same app killer on it with no problems. But it even sent some emails out that i had sent weeks ago. Hope this helps yous guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thinman72069

Reaction score
Are you sure this is on? Not to insult you, but I thought mine was on too.....I feel really dumb....

Home--->Settings--->Data Manager--->Data Delivery--->Email and Corporate Sync--->Email Delivery--->Make sure "Data Push" is checked.

Hope this helps.

Last week sometime, mine had suddenly decided to not notify me of my incoming emails from my main Yahoo account. Yesterday, after much tinkering, I checked off the data push option to finally fix this issue.
I wish I would have read this thread a long time ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

suze1107

Reaction score
Well, magically, mine is back working again after several days of trying to fix it. I really do think the settings I have now are no different than they had been. I wondered if Droid sent out an update or maybe one of my other apps had an update or something that just caused a glitch!

Here are the steps I took and the settings I have:
Email delivery: data push checked; fetch schedule every 15 minutes.
Battery: performance mode

I used my app killer yesterday afternoon and updated a number of apps. Turned phone off and on again. Changed all the settings then changed them back again. Probably turned phone off an on again. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos about doing a hard reboot or factory reset but decided not to do that.

Then somehow by later in the evening, emails started coming through again. Yippee.

mike93364

Reaction score
Frustrating

This whole issue is so frustrating. My X started about a week ago, GMail was fine but my POP accounts just stopped, like everyone else. I've checked my settings and they are the same, I did change the battery mode to performance to see if that helps.

Someone at Motorola or Verizon needs to get the act together and find a fix for this.