Droid x doesnt connect to kia soul

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
So my new kia soul wont recoginize my droid x but my wifes fascinate works fine. She can hook up via the usb and control the songs on the radio. I just get an unable to connect error. I have tried debugging, not debugging plus all the usb connection types. I am rooted with apex 1.3.1. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
No ideas? Dont let my wife have any fuel on our fascinate / x debate. Come you droid techies. Lol

hollylollyxoxo

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Kia Soul two days ago!! :D

I had no problem getting my Soul to sync with the bluetooth on my (unrooted) DroidX. It takes maybe 20 seconds after I start up my car for it to connect though.

The only issue I have with playing music is that I can't skip tracks and such using the controls in my Soul, I have to manually do it on my phone, which kind of defeats the advantages of having a bluetooth capable car when an auxillary jack is also provided lol. I have not tried the usb connection yet, maybe that will make a difference?

Reaction score
I would try upgrading to a Blur + GB ROM, like Liberty GB. Otherwise I might try stock rooted GB. It's probably a ROM issue.

hollylollyxoxo

Reaction score
Here's a stupid question... How do I upgrade to one of those? I know how to see if I have system updates available but I'm not getting anything.

Reaction score
That's not a stupid question. Actually it takes a bit of work. If you're on Stock Gingerbread (you haven't rooted your phone and it's updated to the latest Verizon software) then this won't help. But if you're on an older FroYo ROM like Apex, it might.

Here are instructions if you decide you want to do it:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

Here are the benefits of the Liberty ROM:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

Dullawolf

Reaction score
No ideas? Dont let my wife have any fuel on our fascinate / x debate. Come you droid techies. Lol

Try going to setting>wireless & networks>bluetooth. in that menu, make your device discoverable or scan for devices. Did you try both of those?