DROID X does 4G

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
droidx-4g1.png

Not that we find great joy in pointing out the mistakes of others, but we did find this Best Buy advertisement gaff pretty entertaining. The Droid X apparently has 4G capabilities and also appears to have a new custom HTC Sense theme in the works. Should we expect that via OTA update? I guess we’d probably take Sense over Blur. (Ooh poll question!) And that’s about enough ribbing of our friends at BB.

DROID X Does 4G? Best Buy Says So! | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

dkst0426

Reaction score
Best Buy...........pfffffft. Can't tell you how many times I've gone in to get a hands-on look at something I've considered buying and had a salesperson try to give me the hard sell only to find out I ended up knowing more than him about the product in question. I don't mean to brag, but when I shop for something like a tv or videocamera or laptop, I'm definitely going to do my homework first.

And then there's the so-called Geek Squad.......don't even get me started on those wannabe super-techs.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Best Buy...........pfffffft. Can't tell you how many times I've gone in to get a hands-on look at something I've considered buying and had a salesperson try to give me the hard sell only to find out I ended up knowing more than him about the product in question. I don't mean to brag, but when I shop for something like a tv or videocamera or laptop, I'm definitely going to do my homework first.

And then there's the so-called Geek Squad.......don't even get me started on those wannabe super-techs.

Lol I feel you on that one but not only best buy advertised the X with 4g it was on another site. But I mean is it even possible to get a phone from 3g to 4g just by an OTA?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Lol I feel you on that one but not only best buy advertised the X with 4g it was on another site. But I mean is it even possible to get a phone from 3g to 4g just by an OTA?

the other site probably was naive and just believed what BB posted. and i doubt the X has LTE capabilities