Droid X Dock - MIKRADLE Releasing new EVOLUTION X Model!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Jul 21, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Hi and thanks for the interest! For stock cradles, I have no plans for an adjustable viewing angle, but the future may have that in store...

Meanwhile, I do fabricate custom cradles, usually 1-2 per day. Different colors, angles (fixed), inlay choices, sizes, wood species etc. I would happily quote you building a customized cradle with a variable viewing angle. E-mail me and I can give you some idea of what can be done. Send to: mikey06@optonline.net

I can say that with now over 1,500 of these sold, I've only had a couple buyers inquire about a different angle, therefore I'd say this one seems to be the best compromise of a desk to a night table. I actually polled this question months ago, and the results came back 88% positive on the existing angle, and others with varying opinions - some more laid down while others wanted a more vertical position. For a desk the present angle is ideal. Night tables vary as bed heights vs night table height are all over the place. Best thing is to find what angle works for the location you will be using this, forward that to me and voila! I will supply that exact viewing angle to you! This I've done for at least three dozen or more buyers. That is much more economical than producing a variable angle, which my research to date puts a selling price too high for the average user.

Thanks again - mikey :)
  2. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Mike - wouldn't you much prefer Giants colors! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Actually, I can and do custom colors and can produce an EVOLUTION X in your Jets green! Did you know I've done a ton of work for Mr. and Mrs. Leon Hess (he has passed on now, but owned the Jets for many years)? One of my favorite clients! I did a ton of custom built-in furniture for them both down here on their home on the Jersey Shore as well as their brownstone in Manhattan. Lovely couple! Perhaps I could deliver your customized Jets cradle on the back of one of my collectible Hess trucks? ;)

Seriously, perhaps you want me to customize the one you purchased? E-mail me if you do, we can certainly come up with something! But are you sure you'd rather switch over to the Giants? :) Guess you know who my team is.. :) mikey :)
  3. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Do you have any pictures yet?
  4. bucknutz

bucknutz New Member

I believe when he says tomorrow, or a day, he means a week or two. :icon_eek:
  5. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Geez, is my rep getting that bad? :):)

I've been so busy taking orders I've had no time to work on the photos. But I will get them up by Saturday, I promise! I have to say, photos don't seem to slow the orders coming in though! I ask again, how did you all get your hands on these Droid X's? I'm being told by my company stores here that there's a 4 week wait for another shipment! Wow! Did Motorola just come up that short with their estimate (think MIKRADLE with their intro supply of the EVOLUTION X Series)! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Okay, gotta go. For all those who have placed orders and not yet received e-mail confirmation - you will have that before midnight tomorrow. FYI, I've received no less than 740 e-mails on this new model in the last 3 days.. I'm thinking it's time to hire a secretary? Yikes! :)

Seriously - you are a great bunch and I appreciate all your candor and humor! :) mikey
  6. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Mike, I got your e-mail. We will go as planned, shipping out your black to begin with. Meanwhile, as soon as I get this initial bunch of orders completed, I'll work up a Jet's Model with logo for you. Don't worry about price - I'll e-mail you on that.. ;) I think the logo should not be placed on the back - there it is out of sight, no good there. Best is on the sides - always visible whether the phone is cradled or not! Whichever - we'll work this out - I've very enthusiastic about a "football" series. So, whatever we do for the Jets model (all one color - with logo placement) will follow suit for the rest of the teams. How about a Cowboys EVOLUTION X Series with a Cheerleader on each side? :icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Remember, the skies the limit (well, maybe the bucks).. ;) mikey :)
  7. bucknutz

bucknutz New Member

haha, not at all! I'm just giving you a hard time. :)
  8. macatk89

macatk89 New Member

I like the sound of this dock, but I want to see pictures... hopefully before the member pricing goes up.
  9. bucknutz

bucknutz New Member

My thoughts exactly! Maybe it's because I haven't purchased one before but I would like to see the product before I order.
  10. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Guys, you have a very valid and reasonable point. So, I'll extend the discount price until Sunday night at midnight, okay? I want to be fair to those who are unfamiliar with my products. Also, for those who have sent e-mail inquiries on different details, your discount will hold until I do return your e-mail should that extend past Sunday. I am trying my best to get through every e-mail, but many are coming in faster than I'm reading the existing! :) mikey
  11. SplatShot

SplatShot New Member

Thanks Mikey, well I had been thinking of a Name and Number on the back..but..better thinking.

Logo on either side and then maybe on the face-something like the back of a jersey. Last name on top and the persons favorite number or something. That way the logo is shown at all times and you can still have a customized look when the phone is not in the cradle. Just ideas.....

Mike
  12. SplatShot

SplatShot New Member

If I get mine before he posts them...Maybe I will post mine.
  13. IDGBZ71

IDGBZ71 New Member

cuskit

well since I placed my order with you couple weeks back and got my shipping notice over the weekend, I have since upgraded to the X this week.. My question is will the X fit in the doc for droid 1 ?
  14. SplatShot

SplatShot New Member

It will not fit....unless the old cradle is modded. I tried and screwed it up...I had 3 cradles but now have only 2. I had tried to move the magnet though and boy does he have it in there well...really well. But then while placing it in the new spot I tapped it and it shattered.. Now I ordered a new on. Mikey is good people. It is too bad I have extra cradles, but it is neither his nor my fault that my regular droid got wet. I just with MOTO didnt change the magnet.

You can shave a little off each side to get it to fit if you are not concerned about the Home media mode.

Mike
  15. chucklehead

chucklehead New Member

Where to I put my order in and send the money to?
  16. bucknutz

bucknutz New Member

17. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Drew - I got your PM and replied there as well as e-mail. I thank you for your interest and inquiries!

bucknutz - thanks for the bump! :) mikey
  18. cuskit

cuskit New Member

How to order an EVOLUTION X dock for the Motorola Droid X

For ease of finding ordering info, I'm bumping here.

EVOLUTION X Series models are currently selling for $45.99 These prices do not include the 6' MicroUSB cable, that needs an additional $4.00 to both prices. They are available in black, white, cherry, walnut, mahogany and oak. As usual, shipping is free.

To buy, send a PayPal payment to my account name: lubrich@optonline.net Be sure to include which color you want, a current shipping address and your registered forum member name. Be sure to add an additional $4.00 if you want the cable. Be aware that shipping for orders at this time will go out next Wednesday, August 11th. This shipping date may be extending pending the volume of orders coming in, which appear to be escalating as the weekend approaches. So, wait times for shipping (at the current rate coming in) may increase to 7-10 days or more.

For those wishing to see photos, these will be posted tomorrow (Saturday) evening. Meanwhile, there is no significant difference between this X model and the standard, other than the inlay (changed from a horizontal stripe to an "X" inlay). Overall, it is also slightly wider and higher, and the left side of the backrest is recessed @3/16" for the camera protrusion on the upper portion of the Droid X back. This enable it to lie flat when placed on the cradle. Naturally, this backrest work is much more detailed than the standard model. Note that this X model does include a magnet (standard) for the multimedia mode.

Many of you are contacting me through the eBay system rather than directly here (PM) or my e-mail address (mikey06@optonline.net). Be aware that no discounts are offered through eBay, and the price there will be much higher when I start listing the EVOLUTION X Series there over the weekend. I am staying loyal to the forums by offering my new models to members here several days before beginning listings on eBay, and with discounted prices. Bottom line, please do not contact me through eBay messaging if you want a forum discount... Thanks - mikey :)

EVOLUTION X Series Artist Rendering:
    [​IMG]
  19. IDGBZ71

IDGBZ71 New Member

thanks for the info, guess I will be ordering a new one, and putting up droid 1 docs for sale try and get something back out of them. Just put in new order for the X..
  20. cuskit

cuskit New Member

IDGBZ71:
    Please email me at mikey06@optonline.net - I've got an option for you. Thanks - mikey :)

NOTE: For those e-mailing or PM'ing me - please have patience. It may take up to 24 hours now at the current pace for me to respond to you. I'm being absolutely deluged with mail. Since I respond personally to each and every mail, it's becoming impossible for me to get back to everyone within minutes or even hours. It may take a while - but I will get back to each and everyone of you. Those who have placed orders, you will receive a verification of the order as well as an estimated shipping date, but it may take 24 hours before you receive it (e-mail response). At about 6:00 tonight I will have responded to all orders taken up to Thursday at noon time. The rest of the orders up to noon today will have a response by midnight tonight. The rest after noon today may not be until tomorrow morning.

I'd like it if I could have had an automatic response to orders, but until my website is up, personal "one on one" is in effect. I truly prefer this anyway. The forums have been a great place building up relations with buyers, and speaking to each through e-mail has made the personal experience a more pleasurable one for me. Thanks again - mikey :)