Droid X Dock - MIKRADLE Releasing new EVOLUTION X Model!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Jul 21, 2010.

1. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Subscribing. Ready to place my order today!

2. theecigarman

theecigarman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are We There yet????

"Open, Open, Open"

How about now?
    Now?
    What about now?

:icon_ banana: dancedroid :icon_ banana: dancedroid

3. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We'll have to wait one more day. Some very important family business is consuming my time today. Please bear with me and I'll update this tomorrow. Respectfully - mikey

4. shishibeach

shishibeach New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok. understand important family bidness. Hope it's good bidness, not bad bidness. Will check back later/tomorrow.....not anxious......:icon_ banana:

5. krosenqu

krosenqu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read your post and it reminded me of this strip. Its on the door at work :)

Family comes first!

...until your boss tells you its not. Good thing your the boss ;)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. 3one3

3one3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very VERY excited for this to become available! Will be ordering 3. One for my side of the bed, one for my wife's side of the bed, and one for my desk at work!

7. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no update...?

8. mchean

mchean New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just putting forward my interest in this as well.

9. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X is here!

Hello and sorry for the long delay. Sometimes life has a way of throwing you a few curves..

But it's here! The MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series! For tonight - no photos, but they will follow either tomorrow or Thursday. A rendering is attached to give you an idea of the style, which is basically an EVOLUTION on steroids. It's larger - 1/2" wider and 3/16" higher. Same chrome pegs, but spaced differently. The horizontal inlay is now, well, an X! :) Why? Because this is the EVOLUTION X, that's why! The left side of the back rest is recessed 3/16" for the bumped out back of the upper portion of the Droid X, where the camera lens is located. This enables the phone to lay flat. This is the basic difference in this dedicated model, mostly the recess and the inlay X.

I've had such an overwhelming success with the styling of the EVOLUTION, I did not want to stray from the overall design - it's collected more compliments and kudos in two months than the original Classic did in eight months. My Dad always told me - when something works - go with it. So, like I said, we've employed subtle changes to accommodate the larger size of the Droid X, as well as the recessed portion of the backrest. Black felt continues to add protection - the aluminum X inlay is still recessed as on the original EVOLUTION.

This model includes (standard) a magnet (hidden behind the felt backing) to induce the proprietary Multimedia Mode installed by Motorola. I am (as stated) selling the usual MicroUSB cable, but for now am not offering an HDMI cable. This may come down the road depending on how much call there is for it. I have no pricing yet for this particular cable, but will know within a week and will post relevant information at that time.

That's it, other than, unfortunately, a price increase. This dedicated EVOLUTION X model has a much more detailed backrest and as such is more labor intensive. Because it's a larger model, all new jigs and templates had to be constructed. As a result - I've had to increase the price. So, here's the deal. The new price will be $45.99. To include an extra long 6' MicroUSB cable an additional $4.00 needs to be added. As always - shipping is free. I'm taking orders as of this post. Simply send a PayPal payment to my account name: lubrich@optonline.net and be sure to include your choice of color, which is as in the past, Cherry, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut, White and Black. If you want the 6' MicroUSB cable, be sure to include an additional $3.00.

I have right now 25 black models that will ship out beginning Thursday. Another 150 are about ready for spraying in all colors - these will begin shipping out Saturday. Be aware that the first 25 are already spoken for, so any orders placed tonight will start shipping Saturday. Those first 25 will receive an email tomorrow advising them of their shipping schedule.

I will continue to offer custom options of any color imaginable, choice of inlay colors and materials and as in the past, peg choices are chrome or brass (for now). With a prayer and a whisper, my way, way, way, way overdue website will be up and running next week with numerous photos of options available for this model as well as all the others. :icon_ banana:

As stated, I will have full color photos within two days. I did not want to wait any longer to post availability as the e-mails are pouring in clamoring for a start time for ordering. For those with questions - either post here or e-mail me at: mikey06@optonline.net

I thank you all for your interest, your enthusiasm and hope this new model suffices for your needs. I apologize for not having pix ready for tonight - but will post them within two days as promised. Thanks all, mikey :)

A Sneak Peek - the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X Series!
    [​IMG]

10. SplatShot

SplatShot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mikey..can you do a JETS one??

Just checking....might be a nice option for us football fans.

Mike

Green with logo and such..or just greeen!

11. bucknutz

bucknutz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome Cuskit...can't wait to see pics.

12. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just placed my order!