Droid X Dock - MIKRADLE Releasing new EVOLUTION X Model!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Jul 21, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    EVOLUTION X Series $45.99 This price does not include the 6' MicroUSB cable, that needs an additional $4.00 to both prices. They are available in black, white, cherry, walnut, mahogany and oak. As usual, shipping is free.

To buy, send a PayPal payment to my account name: lubrich@optonline.net Be sure to include which color you want, a current shipping address and your registered forum member name. Be sure to add an additional $4.00 if you want the cable. Be aware that shipping for orders at this time will go out next Wednesday, August 11th. This shipping date may be extending pending the volume of orders coming in, which appear to be escalating as the weekend approaches. So, wait times for shipping (at the current rate coming in) may increase to 7-10 days or more.

For those wishing to see photos, these will be posted tomorrow (Saturday) evening. Meanwhile, there is no significant difference between this X model and the standard, other than the inlay (changed from a horizontal stripe to an "X" inlay). Overall, it is also slightly wider and higher, and the left side of the backrest is recessed @3/16" for the camera protrusion on the upper portion of the Droid X back. This enable it to lie flat when placed on the cradle. Naturally, this backrest work is much more detailed than the standard model. Note that these do include a magnet as standard for the multimedia mode.

Many of you are contacting me through the eBay system rather than directly here (PM) or my e-mail address (mikey06@optonline.net). Be aware that no discounts are offered through eBay, and the price there will be much higher when I start listing the EVOLUTION X Series there over the weekend. I am staying loyal to the forums by offering my new models to members here several days before beginning listings on eBay, and with discounted prices. Bottom line, please do not contact me through eBay messaging if you want a forum discount... Thanks - mikey :)

EVOLUTION X Series Artist Rendering:
    [​IMG]

Original Post:

MIKRADLE
    will be releasing their new EVOLUTION X model this weekend designed specifically for the Droid X. Purchasing info as well as photos will be posted here by Friday.

It will have the magnet installed in the proper location, as well as sized properly for the "larger" dimensions of the Droid X. Similar in appearance to the original EVOLUTION Series, it will have subtle differences, but retain all the "custom" options available such as custom inlays (brass, aluminum, diamond plate, carbon fiber, etc.), the same wide variety of colors as well as custom engraving and two peg color choices.

Meanwhile - questions can be directed to: mikey06@optonline.net

2. Bullet481

Bullet481 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Brand new to the forum. Came across the Mikradle as an alternative to two other possible cradles. I want to know if the Evolution Mikradle for the Droid X will put the X into Dock mode with two specific cases I have in mind.

#1 A slicone case?

#2 A TPU case? (ie: Argyle case to be exact.)

Is the magnet strong enough to penetrate the phone with either of these cases on? Thanks in Advance! Great looking product and feedback out there.

3. HeroNova

HeroNova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice, I loved my Mikradle for my Droid and I'll be sure to pick one of these up for my Droid X.

Mike does great work, these are as beautiful as they functional.

4. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X works with ANY CASE - Our Magnet Eats Cases for Breakfast! :)

Bullet, Yes! Our magnet is more than sufficient to induce the Multimedia mode, with ANY case currently on the market! No problem for the soon to be released MIKRADLE EVOLUTION X! :)

Hero - thanks for the compliments - truly appreciated! :) mikey

5. Bullet481

Bullet481 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent! I will be ordering one soon.

6. SplatShot

SplatShot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mikey...do I get the first one since I already have 3 other ones, and because last time the shipper let my stand in the warehouse for 1 week!.

Mike

7. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike, okay... ;)

But seriously, the first batch will ship out together, so a few dozen will get the "first one"! :) Just remember - I won't be shipping until either the weekend or just after. Still cleaning up almost 200 Evo orders for the most patient bunch of clients I've had to date yet! :) Whew!

New info to be posted Saturday night. :) mikey

8. Orio

Orio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Put my name on one please !! SOLD ! ! ! dancedroid

9. reverik

reverik New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, do you have an update on when you will be taking orders for the X series? I am ready to give you my money

10. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Final details will be posted here on Tuesday night. One small quirk has been resolved, so I'm now on track, just getting final clear coats tomorrow for photos. Thanks - stay tuned here for Tuesday evening post. mikey :)

11. smitmor

smitmor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to have to get one of these. I don't like the Motorola dock.. besides not being able to use it with a phone case, it's a tad hard to get the phone seated into it.

12. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there's no comparison. the mikradle blows any dock away in terms of looks and quality.:)

13. richpjr

richpjr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love a cradle that I can use with a case on the phone, but I'm not sure how I like the cable hanging down like that. One of the nice things about the Moto cradle is having the cables hidden behind it.

14. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    to each his own, but i think it looks great

[​IMG]

15. alershka

alershka New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Count me in!

I'm definitely in! I didn't like the idea of having to remove my case every time I cradle my phone so this is the best option! I will be hitting refresh on my browser all day :) My Storm just sold on ebay so I'm ready to spend some of that cash.